The Reluctant Assassin (WARP Book 1)
Written by Eoin Colfer
Part of the WARP Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-selling Eoin Colfer whose Artemis Fowl series gave the fairy world a brilliant makeover will enthral his readers with this action packed and gadget rich new series. Riley is a Victorian orphan, Chevie Sevano is the FBIs youngest agent. One lives in Victorian England, one in the twenty first century. How are both caught up in seeing off Albert Garrick, the terrifying assassin who will stop at nothing – even time travel – to kill Riley, is a lightning-fast adventure shot through with bravery, evil and some head spinning time travel.
A Piece of Passion from the Managing Director of Penguin Children’s, Francesca Dow “With its unlikely heroes and vividly-conjured Victorian London, W.A.R.P.: The Reluctant Assassin is a gripping, fast-paced and witty time travel adventure with a villain to die for. We are always hugely excited about a new story from Eoin, but this is possibly his most hotly-anticipated release yet – it’s Eoin Colfer at his best.”
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Pearse Kelly age 12 - 'I love Eoin Colfer’s books and this is another great story, it is fast moving and exciting and I would recommend it to both boys and girls.'
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'Their adventure is fast paced, action packed and unpredictable. It's an explosive journey through time which you'll love!
- Jamie, age 12 - 'A great novel filled to the brim with twists and turn which keep the storyline exciting to the very last page.'
- Emily age 12 - 'This is an amazing book. I loved it because the author Eoin Colfer incorporates different genres within one storyline.'
- Sean Prior age 12 - 'The idea of this Victorian boy travelling though time is mind blowing when I heard about this book I didn’t know what to expect but this book is a must read go and buy it NOW…'
- Lucy Minton, age 9 - 'It is a brilliant book and if you like Artemis Fowl you’ll love this book.'
- Alex Greatorex age 12 - 'W.A.R.P is the best book I have ever read it is full of adventure with one character trying to outwit another.'
- Freya Moore, age 10 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed it.'
- Chloe, age 11 - 'There is nothing in this book that I don’t like. I like EVERYTHING about it.'
- Aimee Sweet, age 11 - 'As I entered Eoin Colfer’s world of action and adventure once again in this amazing new book Warp I found myself gazing in wonder at the mysteries yet to solve in the plot of this fabulous story, so I suggest you enter the world of Warp yourself!. As well as writing reviews for Lovereading Aimee has her own book review website - The Sweet Review.
The Reluctant Assassin (WARP Book 1) by Eoin Colfer
WARP: The Reluctant Assassin is the first of a major new series by Eoin Colfer, the bestselling author of Artemis Fowl. It all began with the FBI and WARP (Witness Anonymous Relocation Programme). Hiding witnesses in the past to protect the future - until now...
Riley is a Victorian orphan, hurtled into the twenty-first century and on the run from his evil master...Albert Garrick, the terrifying assassin-for-hire pursuing Riley through time, along with...Chevie Savano, the FBI's youngest and most impulsive special agent. As Garrick relentlessly hunts them down, Riley and Chevie face a desperate race to stay alive and stop Garrick from returning to his own time - armed with knowledge and power that could change the world forever.
Colfer has the ability to make you laugh twice over: first in sheer subversive joy at the inventiveness of the writing, and again at the energy of the humour - Sunday Times
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Eoin Colfer
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
3rd April 2014
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale