Spies in Disguise: Boy in a Tutu
Written by Kate Scott
Part of the Spies in Disguise Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A funny, wise-cracking spy story with World Cup memorabilia at its centre - James Bond never had to dress up as a girl!! - packed full of gadgets and super sleuthing and a boy who must dress in a tutu in order to hide his identity.
The third in the series, Boy in Heels, will be coming in 2015.
We invited members of the Lovereading4kids reader review panel to read and review the first in the Spies in Disguise series - Boy in Tights. You can read their reviews below.
- Nicholas Butler, age 8 - 'I very much enjoyed this book because I thought it was funny that Joe had to dress up as a girl due to his parents being spies and being chased by bad people that want to hurt them.' Read full review >
- Alex Bateman, age 8 - 'Amazing! This book made me feel alive and happy throughout.' Read full review >
- Lucy Bridges, age 8 - 'This a brilliant book for my age, everyone that reads this book will absolutely LOVE IT and I mean LOVE IT to bits. So read this book, get it and read it now! (it is amazing!)' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'I give it 1,000/1,000 because it’s a funny book and it’s extremely exciting.' Read full review >
- Sabina Beinart-Smith, age 6 - 'I thought this book was really really really really funny because Joe had to go to school as a girl. But he wasn't very good at being a girl!' Read full review >
- Miranda Beinart-Smith, age 8 - 'This book is really funny because it's about a boy who goes to school undercover as a girl! He wears a frilly, pink dress, a blonde wig and pink and white tights!' Read full review >
- Daniel Harrison, age 7 - 'This was quite a funny book.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'Spies in Disguise is a story about who a boy who has to go undercover at his school which means he has to dress up as a girl! I really liked the book because it made me laugh.' Read full review >
- Ethan Douglas, age 9 - 'Joe's parents are spies...Joe has to go in disguise (in a dress) to a different school. Can he survive without giving away his true identity? a very good book, very funny and awesome.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A very funny book...I can still picture him with his hairy legs in the scratchy tights and frilly dress and I can't wait to read about his adventures in the next in the series. A real winner!' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'This book is fantastic, it’s really funny and exciting all rolled into one.' Read full review >
- Liam Wilson, age 9 - 'A funny, exciting book.' Read full review >
- Lily Benner, age 9 - 'This book was like my favourite chocolate, I wanted to gobble it up but was sad when it was finished.' Read full review >
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 12 – 'When Joe discovers his mum and dad are spies he thinks it's great, until he realizes they are in danger! A good spy story, it keeps you guessing all the way through and plenty of laughs to be had too.' Read full review >
- Erica Motoc, age 7 - 'Joe has to go under-cover as a GIRL which is NOT GOOD AT ALL...You can imagine how funny that is!' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 11 - 'This book is both funny and exciting.' Read full review >
- Jennifer Towler, age 8 - 'Loved it! I was nervous when Sam realised that Josie was a boy, but it was funny that the friends all wanted boxer shorts!'
- Lucas, age 9 - 'It was hilarious and I loved it!' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'It was really really really funny! I loved the fact that there was a boy dressed up as a girl who was a spy - great idea for a story.' Read full review >
Win a Beast Quest Goodie Bag!
To mark the 10th Birthday of The Beast Quest series we are giving away THREE goodie bags filled with Beast Quest treats including temporary tattoos, pens, a printed bag and books from the series!
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
Spies in Disguise: Boy in a Tutu by Kate Scott
Joe and Sam put their spy skills to the test against a new villain, in a new mission and in ...tutus?!
The only way to find out who is scheming to steal the World Cup memorabilia exhibition at the local leisure centre is to sign up for ballet lessons there. Joe and Sam land the lead roles in the end-of-term show - but Sam's playing the male lead, and Joe's the prima donna! Can Joe hold it together (and Sam stop laughing) for long enough to find the clues and figure out who's really behind the next Great Robbery?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Kate Scott
Piccadilly Press Ltd an imprint of Templar Publishing
5th June 2014
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale