Every Second Counts
Written by Sophie Mckenzie
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2014 Book of the Month A dramatic sequel to Split Second which picks up the threads of the story about Charlie and Nat, two idealistic kids living in England in a time of recession, who are determined to take a stand against terrorism. When Charlie and Nat join the English Freedom Army they think they are part of an active cell with the same principles as themselves. But the EFA has a quite different agenda – one that Nat and Charlie do not support. Can Nat and Charlie escape from the EFA and the police? And can they find anyone else who wants a political solution? Nat and Charlie tell their stories in alternate voices in this thrilling and thought provoking adventure.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Teen Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Ella Hollingshead, age 13 - 'Brilliant book! I couldn't put it down as I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. A book that will leave the reader filled with excitement, fear and relief.' Read full review >
- Ella Grabsky, age 14 - 'Every Second Counts was a great follow-up to Split Second. Right from the beginning the novel was fast paced and full of surprises.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Connolly - 'Just as fast paced as Spilt Second but ends up at a satisfying conclusion to Charlie and Nats story.' Read full review >
- Lauren Coffman, age 14 - 'Every Second Counts was an amazing read. There was always something happening and it contained every emotion. It was a real page turner and a book I would highly recommend.' Read full review >
- Esme Molloy, age 14 - 'This title is even more thrilling than the first. Brimming with secrets, lies, adventures, mysteries and everything else you could possibly want from a book.Will tempt even the most cautious of readers.' Read full review >
- Lorraine Baker - 'All in all a book that I would highly recommend and that was enjoyable to read and flowed easily and were not difficult to follow.' Read full review >
- Janet Gilliard - 'Split Second and this are a highly recommended pair of books for young adults although anyone would enjoy reading them.' Read full review >
- Megan Abbott, age 15 - 'Every Second Counts is a book not to be missed with its gripping storyline from start to finish, as well as its in depth characters. It's a must read!' Read full review >
- Natalie Hunter, age 12 - 'Every Second Counts was brilliant like the book before. It was filled with adventure and excitement and had some great new characters introduced. Read this book!' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'This book is a real page turner a must read for teenage girls and boys who enjoy a fast paced action thriller. I recommend you read Split Second first.' Read full review >
- Hollie Compton, age 16 - 'An amazing, gripping and fast paced novel. It kept me gripped brilliantly and I couldn't read it fast enough.' Read full review >
Every Second Counts by Sophie Mckenzie
Nat and Charlie are on the run, and in more danger than ever ...Nowhere is safe for Charlie and Nat. They have each other, but Roman Riley's networks could reach them at any time. Charlie believes the only option is to go undercover in Riley's team, and sneaks away from Nat to pursue her plan alone. Nat is desperate to find Charlie, but his family are in danger and Riley is coming ever closer. Even if Nat and Charlie can find each other again, could being together be even more dangerous than being apart...?
Praise for Split Second
‘An action-packed thriller…It’ll have you on the edge of your seat…’ Sugarscape
“A terrifying, fast-paced thriller that you won’t be able to put down” - Teen Now
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Sophie Mckenzie
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
31st July 2014
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11