Every Second Counts
Written by Sophie Mckenzie
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2014 Book of the Month A dramatic sequel to Split Second which picks up the threads of the story about Charlie and Nat, two idealistic kids living in England in a time of recession, who are determined to take a stand against terrorism. When Charlie and Nat join the English Freedom Army they think they are part of an active cell with the same principles as themselves. But the EFA has a quite different agenda – one that Nat and Charlie do not support. Can Nat and Charlie escape from the EFA and the police? And can they find anyone else who wants a political solution? Nat and Charlie tell their stories in alternate voices in this thrilling and thought provoking adventure.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Teen Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Ella Hollingshead, age 13 - 'Brilliant book! I couldn't put it down as I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. A book that will leave the reader filled with excitement, fear and relief.' Read full review >
- Ella Grabsky, age 14 - 'Every Second Counts was a great follow-up to Split Second. Right from the beginning the novel was fast paced and full of surprises.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Connolly - 'Just as fast paced as Spilt Second but ends up at a satisfying conclusion to Charlie and Nats story.' Read full review >
- Lauren Coffman, age 14 - 'Every Second Counts was an amazing read. There was always something happening and it contained every emotion. It was a real page turner and a book I would highly recommend.' Read full review >
- Esme Molloy, age 14 - 'This title is even more thrilling than the first. Brimming with secrets, lies, adventures, mysteries and everything else you could possibly want from a book.Will tempt even the most cautious of readers.' Read full review >
- Lorraine Baker - 'All in all a book that I would highly recommend and that was enjoyable to read and flowed easily and were not difficult to follow.' Read full review >
- Janet Gilliard - 'Split Second and this are a highly recommended pair of books for young adults although anyone would enjoy reading them.' Read full review >
- Megan Abbott, age 15 - 'Every Second Counts is a book not to be missed with its gripping storyline from start to finish, as well as its in depth characters. It's a must read!' Read full review >
- Natalie Hunter, age 12 - 'Every Second Counts was brilliant like the book before. It was filled with adventure and excitement and had some great new characters introduced. Read this book!' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'This book is a real page turner a must read for teenage girls and boys who enjoy a fast paced action thriller. I recommend you read Split Second first.' Read full review >
- Hollie Compton, age 16 - 'An amazing, gripping and fast paced novel. It kept me gripped brilliantly and I couldn't read it fast enough.' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Every Second Counts by Sophie Mckenzie
Nat and Charlie are on the run, and in more danger than ever ...Nowhere is safe for Charlie and Nat. They have each other, but Roman Riley's networks could reach them at any time. Charlie believes the only option is to go undercover in Riley's team, and sneaks away from Nat to pursue her plan alone. Nat is desperate to find Charlie, but his family are in danger and Riley is coming ever closer. Even if Nat and Charlie can find each other again, could being together be even more dangerous than being apart...?
Praise for Split Second
‘An action-packed thriller…It’ll have you on the edge of your seat…’ Sugarscape
“A terrifying, fast-paced thriller that you won’t be able to put down” - Teen Now
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Sophie Mckenzie
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
31st July 2014
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques