Written by Maureen Johnson
Part of the Suite Scarlett Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Queen-of-Teens Maureen Johnson captures Scarlett’s hectic and fluctuating life in this third story about the goings on at Hopewell Hotel, Scarlett’s family hotel in Manhattan. Scarlett combines studying with working for the unpredictable Mrs Amberson and both bring constant upsets and surprises. Especially as she is also still thinking about Eric, her sot-of ex-boyfriend, while also trying to deal with Max, her new and most irritating lab partner. Life with Scarlett is never dull!
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Jenny Duffy, age 21 - 'How could I not love a book dedicated to ABBA? As in Suite Scarlett I enjoyed the mix of humour, drama and strong characters. Well worth a read!' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'A must chick flick read, packed with events this is a real page turner. You will need to read Suite Scarlett to fully understand what’s going on in this book. Can't wait for the next in the series.' Read full review >
- Thora, age 12 - 'This book is incredibly engaging and I absolutely loved it! Scarlett Fever fast became one of my favourites.' Read full review >
- Khadijah Ahmed, age 18 - 'funny, witty and thought-provoking...Maureen Johnson writes with natural fluidity and instinctively well-balanced dashes of description, moving the story along smoothly at just the right pace.' Read full review >
- Sarah Murray, age 16 - 'If you liked Suite Scarlett you are sure to love Scarlett Fever! Get ready for more of that typical Martin craziness we all love.' Read full review >
- Phoebe Allan, age 14 - 'I did enjoy the plot of the story and loved ready Scarlett’s characteristics and quirks...Overall, I’d give it a thumbs up!' Read full review >
- Delilah Acworth, age 15 - 'Suite Scarlett and Scarlett Fever were by far some of the most intoxicating books I have ever read...These books will blow you away.' Read full review >
Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson
Quite a bit has changed for Scarlett Martin over the last month. Mrs Amberson has moved down the street and opened the Amy Amberson Agency (AAA, frequently called by stranded motorists), and she's taken on Scarlett as her official assistant. Marlene seems to have had a personality transplant (she's being nice, for once), Spencer has accidentally become public enemy number one (his character murdered another very popular one on a hit show), and there is definitely something wrong with Lola. And as for Scarlett's love life? Well ...the less said about that the better. That would be enough for anyone to deal with, but unfortunately two new figures are about to enter Scarlett's life: fifteen-year-old Broadway star Chelsea Biggs and her brother Max. Suddenly, drama appears to have spread over all of New York City. Gossip pages, boys standing in trashcans, an ill-fated cake, murder on the steps of a courthouse, flying doughnuts, topiary abuse, a dog named Murray who wees whenever he sees hats ...and then an event that will change the Martin family forever. One thing is for sure: there's never a dull moment at the Hopewell Hotel.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 13
More books by Maureen Johnson
Author's Facebook Latest
Hot Key Books
3rd July 2014
Hot Key Books is an imprint of Hot Key
Hot Key Books, a division of Bonnier Publishing, publish stand out, quality fiction, for 9 – 19 year olds, print and digital that people like to talk about. If you are looking for something a little bit different from your books, something a little bit special then Hot Key Books may well have just what you want.
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham