The Savage Kingdom
Written by Simon David Eden
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
July 2014 Debut of the Month An epic fantasy adventure about loyalty, courage, hope, survival... and the awesome power of nature. Michelle Paver meets Michael Morpurgo meets Homeward Bound in this unforgettable story between a girl and her cat.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Isobel Allan, age 10 - 'A thought provoking, clever story that I will definitely read again and would recommend to others.' Read full review >
- Jack Saddler, age 9 - 'This book was slow to start but once it got going I couldn't put it down. I loved the storyline. It was different from anything else I have read and the descriptions of the animals were amazing!' Read full review >
- Liam, age 12 - 'The Savage Kingdom was a very good book. I liked this book so much that I could not stop talking about it to everyone.' Read full review >
- Callum Broomfield, age 10 - 'This is a great read...filled with surprises at every turn.... It’s surprising that it all fits in one thrilling book.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'The animals are rebelling. They’ve had enough of human’s pollution and destruction of the planet and have declared war on mankind. If you like exciting animal adventures, you’ll love this. Fantastic! Read full review >
The Savage Kingdom by Simon David Eden
Everyone has the potential to change the world, but some are born to do it When Drue's beloved cat Will-C goes missing, she's unaware that his disappearance is the start of the greatest global conflict the world has ever known. The animal kingdom has declared war on mankind, and now domesticated creatures must choose who to fight for: Man or Beast. Cast into a world full of danger, but determined to rescue Will-C and bring him home, Drue starts out on a quest and makes an astonishing discovery: an ancient tribe of shape-shifters, who have lived in the shadows since the dawn of time, are about to play a key role in shaping the future - but can they save mankind? And what role is Drue herself about to play?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 10
Simon David Eden
More books by Simon David Eden
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
17th July 2014
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11