The Name of the Blade The Night Itself
Written by Zoe Marriott
Part of the The Name of the Blade Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Ancient Japanese gods and monsters are unleashed on modern-day London in this epic trilogy from an acclaimed fantasy writer. Great for fans of Tamora Pierce, Maggie Stiefvater and Cassandra Clare.
This is the first book in the Name of the Blade series; the second is Darkness Hidden.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Alice D'Angelo, age 14 - 'This story was so gripping once I started reading I ended up reading it all the time because I was so intrigued to find out what happened next.' Read full review >
- Realm of Fiction - 'Zoe Marriott’s The Night Itself draws together some interesting magical concepts and takes them to a modern-day London.' Read full review >
- Molly Hudson - 'I really enjoyed this book, found the characters fun and interesting and liked the cultural aspect of the book. I enjoyed learning a bit about Japanese life and history.' Read full review >
- Carla McGuigan, age 13 - 'I found this novel to be one of the most amazing books ever. It was romantic, adventurous, mysterious, interesting and it was just absolutely brilliant. I would strongly recommend this book to girls my age.' Read full review >
- James Smart - 'an amazing book with a slow beginning with a sharp incline in the plot toward the end.' Read full review >
- Ciara Gallagher - 'I really thoroughly enjoyed this book it had piles of action in it and that is what I enjoy. I would strongly recommend this book to ages 12-15 there is really only one word that can some this book up which is AMAZING!' Read full review >
The Name of the Blade The Night Itself by Zoe Marriott
Ancient Japanese gods and monsters are unleashed on modern-day London in this epic trilogy from an acclaimed fantasy writer. When Mio steals the family's katana - a priceless ancestral sword - from her parents' attic, she just wants to spice up a fancy-dress costume. But the katana is much more than some dusty antique and her actions unleash a terrible, ancient evil onto the streets of unsuspecting London. Soon Shinobu, a fearless warrior boy, appears to protect Mio - and threatens to steal her heart. With the gods and monsters of Japanese myth stalking her and her friends, Mio realizes that if she cannot keep the sword safe, and learn to control its legendary powers, she will lose not only her own life...but the love of a lifetime.
It is suitable for fans of Tamora Pierce, Maggie Stiefvater and Cassandra Clare.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Zoe Marriott
Walker Books Ltd
3rd July 2014
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15