City of Halves
Written by Lucy Inglis
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2014 Debut of the Month Beautifully told, this is a gripping story which flows effortlessly across boundaries which typically separate the real from the imaginary. Living right in the heart of historic London, sixteen year old Lily is an expert in hacking and coding – useful for helping her barrister father in some of his cases. Following up a lead, she is attacked by a two headed dog and would have been left her for dead if the strange, handsome Regan Lupescar hadn’t stepped in and saved her life. But who is Regan and how can he slip into the wierd parallel world peopled with banshees, bandogges and boggarts?
Lucy Inglis makes magical delightfully credible as the fast-paced and danger-filled adventure unfolds.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Ella hollingshead, age 13 - 'Thrilling, captivating story set in present day London. Strange creatures are prowling the streets and it's up to a young man named Regan to destroy them in order to keep the city residents safe.' Read full review >
- Georgina Bellingham, age 11 - 'I found myself not being able to put the book down to race to find the end.' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'Good fantasy read, it did fail to catch me at the beginning but glad I stuck with it the pace of the book quickened and there was plenty of action.' Read full review >
- Izzy Read, age 13 - 'with an independent, determined heroine, a gorgeous teenage heartthrob and a plot involving fantasy monsters. What’s not to love about it?' Read full review >
- Jessamyn Doore, age 16 - 'A gripping, other-worldly adventure that will totally transform the way you look at London!' Read full review >
- Molly Hudson, age 12 - 'A must read for all teen fantasy fans. A page turner from start to finish. Keeps you entertained with wonderful creatures and non humans that exist.. we just don't see them.. can't wait for more!' Read full review >
- Esmé, age 14 - 'Three words, A-Maz-Ing!!!!!!' Read full review >
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book and I think it is very suitable for my age...When things start to get strange, girls disappearing off the streets and weird creatures are taking them.' Read full review >
- Natalie Hunter, age 12 - 'I loved City of Halves and found the characters great. It also had lots of suspensevand twists. If you are a fan of The Mortal Instrument series then Read This Book!!' Read full review >
City of Halves by Lucy Inglis
London. Girls are disappearing. They've all got one thing in common; they just don't know it yet . Sixteen-year-old Lily was meant to be next, but she's saved by a stranger: a half-human boy with gold-flecked eyes. Regan is from an unseen world hidden within our own, where legendary creatures hide in plain sight. But now both worlds are under threat, and Lily and Regan must race to find the girls, and save their divided city.
About the Author
More books by Lucy Inglis
Chicken House Ltd
7th August 2014
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15