Danger is Everywhere: A Handbook for Avoiding Danger
Written by David O'Doherty
Illustrated by Chris Judge
Part of the Danger is Everywhere Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2014 Book of the Month This book lets you know exactly how to avoid all sorts of dangers of the most unlikely kind. It is a brilliantly funny handbook that will have boys and girls with enquiring minds completely hooked.Dangerologist Doctor Noel Zone shares his danger notebooks with all comers! A great believer that risks are everywhere his attitude to dangers of all kinds - even the most extreme ones - is hilarious. Whatever the risk and whatever the danger, Chris Judge illustrates them all brilliantly. A hilarious handbook for all those who love The Diary of A Wimpy Kid!
A message from the author, David O'Doherty:
There is now 88% more danger in the world than when I was a kid, when there was just the odd bit of lightning and an occasional escaped zoo animal. Chris and I, via the delusions of the world's premier (only) dangerologist Docter Noel Zone, are delighted to get this opportunity from Puffin to terrify children with tales of awful made-up things that could happen. I mean, are you completely sure that your cat isn't a baby dinosaur?
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Mukunth, age 12 - 'A funny book which would strike a funny bell with younger kids, I think...My brother now says that he is keen on becoming a qualified "dangerologist"!' Read full review >
- Rory Faulkner, age 10 - 'The graphics and pictures were really good and there were some very funny parts.' Read full review >
- Matilda Greenacre, age 8 - 'This book is very funny and fascinating.' Read full review >
- Ross Dawson, age 10 - 'I couldn't wait to read this book because it looked like it was written as a handbook for my life - everyone who knows me thinks I am a magnet for danger...– perfect for kids like you and me who enjoy adventure and laughing out loud.' Read full review >
- Isla Moore, age 9 - 'I really enjoyed reading this hilarious book about the dangers that might be lurking where you least expect.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'This book is very good for boys as it contains scary and rude things that girls won't like! A really laugh out loud book!' Read full review >
- Jennifer Towler, age 7 - 'Loved it! really enjoyed it - favourite chapter was 'the danger pets - it was funny.' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 10 - '228/10 - That's an understatement. This is the funniest information book I have ever read.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Who would have thought that your average pet hamster could in fact be a baby hippopotamus? This hilarious handbook is full of really crazy ideas but who knows, it might just save your life!' Read full review >
- Robyn Loveless, age 8 - 'A fun book with wicked illustrations that will help you tackle silly dangers. Made me laugh out loud and I know my friends at school will love it!' Read full review >
- Sidney Greenslade, age 10 - 'Danger is Everywhere is an extremely funny guide explaining how to avoid unexpected dangers and how to save yourself if you are in an amusingly perilous situation.' Read full review >
- George Ingram, age 9 - 'I didn't enjoy Danger is Everywhere because it was difficult to understand later on in the book when they were using SPLOD.' Read full review >
Danger is Everywhere: A Handbook for Avoiding Danger by David O'Doherty
Does it warn you about what to do if a shark comes up out of the loo while you are sitting on it? Yes it does. And how to find out if your granny is a Robot? That too. And what to do if a volcano erupts underneath your house? After you've made sure it's not a neighbour's barbecue, this book will let you know exactly how to deal with it.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by David O'Doherty
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
7th August 2014
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family