The Moment Collector
Written by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2014 Book of the Month Best-selling Jodi Lynn Anderson tells a mesmerising story of the complications of teen romance against a chilling back drop of multiple murders. Newly arrived to live in a ramshackle house on the shore of Lake Michigan, seventeen year Maggie soon makes friends with her two closest neighbours, Pauline, the beautiful only daughter of a wealthy widow and Liam, a silent loner who can fix anything. Maggie soon finds herself caught up in the complicated relationship between the two with unexpected and disastrous results for herself.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Lola Bridgeman, age 17 - 'Beautiful. Simply beautiful and reminiscent of The Lovely Bones...This is only a thin book but it takes you on a long, deep journey with supernatural elements. Its size belies the story. ' Read full review >
- Izzy Read, age 13 - 'The Moment Collector: a beautiful name for a beautiful story that hooked me in to break my heart.' Read full review >
- Janet Gilliard - 'Although written as a young adult novel I recommend this novel to anyone of any age who enjoys a sensitive, thoughtful novel with a twist at the end.' Read full review >
- Poppy Osborne, age 17 - 'A simply beautiful book that is poignant yet understated.' Read full review >
- Esme Molloy, age 14 - 'A hauntingly beautiful tale of life, friendship, love and truth with a mysterious twist...It made me smile, It made me cry and huddle into a ball with my duvet up to my chin.' Read full review >
- Ella Grabsky, age 14 - 'a fascinating read that had me gripped from the beginning...The Moment Collector lingered in my thoughts for quite a while after I had finished the book.' Read full review >
- Sophia Ufton - 'Beautifully haunting in places and wonderfully written. Loved the book. Perfect story and I really enjoyed reading it!' Read full review >
- Jade Brown, age 12 - 'I was intrigued by the cover and ghost story element but sadly no ghost story and no real mystery. This was just teenagers and relationships.' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson
For a ghost, one memory can change a life.
There's a ghost haunting 208 Water Street. She doesn't know who she was, or why she's still here. She does know that she is drawn to Maggie, the new girl in town, and her friends - beautiful, carefree Pauline and Liam, the boy who loves her.
An absorbing, stylish and intelligently written mystery. Bookseller
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
Jodi Lynn Anderson
More books by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Author's Facebook Latest
Orchard Books an imprint of Hachette Children's Books
7th August 2014
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11