The Moment Collector
Written by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2014 Book of the Month Best-selling Jodi Lynn Anderson tells a mesmerising story of the complications of teen romance against a chilling back drop of multiple murders. Newly arrived to live in a ramshackle house on the shore of Lake Michigan, seventeen year Maggie soon makes friends with her two closest neighbours, Pauline, the beautiful only daughter of a wealthy widow and Liam, a silent loner who can fix anything. Maggie soon finds herself caught up in the complicated relationship between the two with unexpected and disastrous results for herself.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Lola Bridgeman, age 17 - 'Beautiful. Simply beautiful and reminiscent of The Lovely Bones...This is only a thin book but it takes you on a long, deep journey with supernatural elements. Its size belies the story. ' Read full review >
- Izzy Read, age 13 - 'The Moment Collector: a beautiful name for a beautiful story that hooked me in to break my heart.' Read full review >
- Janet Gilliard - 'Although written as a young adult novel I recommend this novel to anyone of any age who enjoys a sensitive, thoughtful novel with a twist at the end.' Read full review >
- Poppy Osborne, age 17 - 'A simply beautiful book that is poignant yet understated.' Read full review >
- Esme Molloy, age 14 - 'A hauntingly beautiful tale of life, friendship, love and truth with a mysterious twist...It made me smile, It made me cry and huddle into a ball with my duvet up to my chin.' Read full review >
- Ella Grabsky, age 14 - 'a fascinating read that had me gripped from the beginning...The Moment Collector lingered in my thoughts for quite a while after I had finished the book.' Read full review >
- Sophia Ufton - 'Beautifully haunting in places and wonderfully written. Loved the book. Perfect story and I really enjoyed reading it!' Read full review >
- Jade Brown, age 12 - 'I was intrigued by the cover and ghost story element but sadly no ghost story and no real mystery. This was just teenagers and relationships.' Read full review >
The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson
For a ghost, one memory can change a life.
There's a ghost haunting 208 Water Street. She doesn't know who she was, or why she's still here. She does know that she is drawn to Maggie, the new girl in town, and her friends - beautiful, carefree Pauline and Liam, the boy who loves her.
An absorbing, stylish and intelligently written mystery. Bookseller
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
Jodi Lynn Anderson
More books by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Author's Facebook Latest
Orchard Books an imprint of Hachette Children's Books
7th August 2014
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11