Written by Tim Bowler
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2014 Book of the Month Award-winning Tim Bowler will set heartbeats racing in this gripping story set in a dark underworld filled with violent men who will stop at nothing to achieve their ends. Zinny’s life is bleak enough already but from the day he skives off school and finds a sinister stranger watching the house and a creep coming home to it with his mum, things go rapidly from bad to worse. Where once misery was just on a domestic scale, Zinny is caught up in doing delivery jobs for a bunch of crooks. With seemingly no one to turn to, Zinny is soon in fear of his life!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Georgina Bellingham, age 11 - 'This was a fantastic and exciting journey through tough times. Enjoy.' Read full review >
- Amie Coffman, age 9 - 'It was exciting and scary. I couldn’t put it down but was almost too frightened to read it at times – especially at night!' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'A must read for teenage boys, however, girls don’t be put off as I really enjoyed reading it. The plot is easy to follow, it is a quick read thriller.' Read full review >
- Jack Wilson, age 12 - 'A scary story that makes you paranoid... Night Runner is an engaging,amazing and well written book.' Read full review >
- Amber Morgan, age 13 - 'A mind-boggling book that makes your heart beat at double speed and your adrenalin rush...Because of its unbelievably captivating story lines this book is one of the best, imaginative and chilling books I have ever read.' Read full review >
- Conor Kelly age 16 - 'This one fits everything I like in a book and I read it in two evenings...The novel was very fast moving and exciting with an unexpected ending.' Read full review >
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'A good book, overall.' Read full review >
- Oliver May, age 12 - 'I thoroughly loved the book, it was a great page-turner that I could not put down!' Read full review >
- Jacob Lawrence, age 11 - 'This book will give you an edge of your seat thriller. With a great storyline and twists I would recommend this to fans of the Hunger Games.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 10 - 'I really enjoyed this book, I was bored at the beginning but soon got into it and loved it.' Read full review >
- Sam Saddler, age 12 - 'I found the story took a while to kick off...I would rate it 3 out of 5.' Read full review >
Night Runner by Tim Bowler
This edge of your seat and nail-biting adventure which follows 15 year old Zinny as he tries to escape the danger that suddenly engulfs him at his home one day. He's not just running for his life but for the lives of his family too.
Zinny's life is falling apart. Shadowy figures are following him. His parents are keeping secrets but he can't figure out why. Then his mum ends up in hospital, his dad disappears, and Zinny has to do whatever he can to save his family. Even if it means helping the very men he's been running from ...As the clock ticks, Zinny knows it's only a matter of time before someone ends up dead - and it could be him.
‘a sharp, suspenseful thriller in a setting of urban deprivation. ….. Filmic, succinct and well-crafted, with a hero who commands our sympathy, this high-octane adventure in a low-life world has heart’ Nicolette Jones, Children’s Book of the Week in The Sunday Times
About the Author
More books by Tim Bowler
Oxford University Press
7th August 2014
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10