The Dragon's Dentist
Written by John McLay
Illustrated by Martin Brown
Part of the Early Reader Series
Lovereading4kids Price £3.99
£4.99 saving £1.00 (20%)
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Eric is a dragon. A big, scary, grumpy dragon that everyone is afraid of. Harry wants to be a knight in waiting but is stuck cleaning shields. His dad is a knight. His brother is a knight. Even his sister is a knight! So one day Harry decides to capture Eric to prove he too could be a knight. He bravely sets off on his mission but things don’t turn out quite like Harry expected.
A hilarious new Early Reader story about a knight, a dragon and a horse called Oats from John McLay and Horrible Histories illustrator, Martin Brown.
Blue Early Reader books are the first stepping stone to independent reading, perfect for sharing and reading together.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review another title in the Early Reader series, Twit. You can read their reviews below.
- Tracey and Robyn, age 5 - 'Robyn loved Twit...We found the story funny and engaging. The illustrations were brilliant and really helped to tell the story.' Read full review >
- Emma Johnson, age 4 - 'Emma loved reading this book together and it has really encouraged her to read harder books all on her own.' Read full review >
- Peggy Howarth, age 6 - 'I loved this book , Twit the Owl is a very sweet Owl who is a little bit dim...I have read the book six times already, I love it.' Read full review >
- Florence Bridgeman, age 4 - 'The adventure of a little owl with older brothers who like tricking him till one day he gets his own back! Perfect for little readers!' Read full review >
- James McNichol, age 4 - 'A short story about a little owl called Twit who learns to stick up for himself...Overall it’s a lovely book and good for children who are just starting to read.' Read full review >
- Elliot Bateman, age 6 - 'I liked the silly things that Twit did, like getting stuck in a hole. They were very funny.' Read full review >
- Rob (and mum), age 4 - 'A humorous story for young 'early readers' who find chapter books a little daunting.' Read full review >
- Nate Anderson, age 6 - 'I think Twit is great. I like it when Twit says "thank you for telling me to stick myself up" instead of "stick up for myself"' Read full review >
The Dragon's Dentist by John McLay
Harry wishes he was a knight. All his family are. So, one morning, as he sits cleaning the shields after a very muddy battle, he decides to do a great deed. He decides to capture Eric the Dragon.
Early Readers from Orion Children's Books are stepping stones from picture books to reading books. A blue Early Reader is perfect for sharing and reading together. A red Early Reader is the next step on your reading journey. Each one is full colour throughout with big bold illustrations on every page.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by John McLay
Orion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) an imprint of Orion Publishing Co
6th February 2014
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen