Monstar, the Superhero
Written by Stephen Cole
Illustrated by Pete Williamson
Part of the Early Reader Series
Lovereading4kids Price £3.99
£4.99 saving £1.00 (20%)
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Monstar is not your usual kind of pet. She’s green and fluffy for a start and loves nothing more than dancing, eating green porridge and her blankey. But Monstar dreams of being a being a real, live superhero. Her attempts however are anything but super. That is until one day she discovers robbers in the museum. Will Monstar be able to unleash her inner superhero and save the day? A delightful story about finding your inner hero and a most unusual kind of pet.
Red Early Reader books are the next step on your child's reading journey, encouraging independent reading with exciting stories and engaging illustrations. Short accessible chapters make them ideal for newly confident readers - we also think they're great for sharing too!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review another title in the Early Reader series, Algy's Amazing Adventures in the Jungle. You can read their reviews below.
- Lauren Carver, age 7 - 'This is a great book with lovely imaginative pictures and just the right size chapters for early readers. My seven year old loved Algy's full name and the adventure!' Read full review >
- Harry Gray, age 6 - 'I liked reading this book. Algy had a really good adventure. I liked that it had chapters and I would like to read another book about Algy's adventures.' Read full review >
- Stanley Howarth, age 7 - 'Great adventure story, with fantastic pictures. Algy is very funny.' Read full review >
- Libby Bridgeman, age 6 - 'A lovely book that we're hoping is the start of a series of advnetures with Algy!' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'Loved it, can’t wait to find out what Algy does next.' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'I give it 1,000/1,000. I recommend it to people who like adventure books aged 6+. I want to read more of the Early reader books!' Read full review >
- Daniel’s mum, Cat Bisland - 'We’ve read a few books in this series and would highly recommend them as they are a great starting point for the children. They are slightly longer and are divided into chapters which is great for early readers.' Read full review >
- Nate Anderson, age 6 - 'It was funny because Algy whacked the crocodile on its head and put a stick in its mouth.' Read full review >
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'I read this book all by myself...There are some good pictures and the story is not too long.' Read full review >
- Ben Fallows, age 6 - 'I loved Algy. My favourite part was when Algy rescued the glasses. It was amazing and I read it all by myself.' Read full review >
Monstar, the Superhero by Stephen Cole
Monstar is sure that she can be a superhero who will help the town with all its problems. But will Monstar save the day - or just cause chaos everywhere she goes...? A charming, heart-warming Early Reader story from Steve Cole, author of the Astrosaurs books, and a talented Doctor Who script writer. With full colour artwork on every page by award-winning illustrator Pete Wiliamson, who has also illustrated for Francesca Simon and Marcus Sedgwick.
Early Readers from Orion Children's Books are stepping stones from picture books to reading books. A blue Early Reader is perfect for sharing and reading together. A red Early Reader is the next step on your reading journey. Each one is full colour throughout with big bold illustrations on every page.
'Early Readers are a good choice for those young readers beyond the 'beginning' stage who need the reassurance of a familiar format' - Nikki Gamble, WRITEAWAY
About the Author
Interest Age: From 6
More books by Stephen Cole
Orion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) an imprint of Orion Publishing Co
5th June 2014
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans