Hattie B, Magical Vet: the Mermaid's Tail
Written by Claire Taylor-Smith
Part of the Hattie B, Magical Vet Series
Lovereading4kids Price £3.99
£4.99 saving £1.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Hattie B, Magical Vet: The Mermaid's Tail is the fourth title in a brand new magical series for girls. Discover a secret world of fairy-tale creatures! Hattie B is inspired by a little girl called Harriet, who once asked 'where do unicorns and dragons go when they're unwell?' Her mum, Lindsay Taylor, and their friend, Suzanne Smith thought long and hard and suddenly realised - a magical vet of course! With this twinkle of an idea they met the writer Claire Baker and together they created the Kingdom of Bellua - and the pen name Claire Taylor-Smith.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the Hattie B, Magical Vet series, The Dragon's Song.
- Libby Bridgeman, age 7 - 'Thanks Lovereading4kids, this is a new series we can't wait to follow! Hattie B is a new,original heroine that Libby took to straight away. Magical fun!' Read full review >
- Evie Young, age 9 - 'A good quick read with lots of mythical creatures in. I think Rainbow Magic fans will love this.' Read full review >
- Sky Amelie Preston, age 7 - 'This book is amazing. I loved reading it and finished the book in one weekend. I can’t wait to read the other stories in the series.' Read full review >
- Matilda Greenacre, age 8 - 'I really enjoyed this book, it shows true friendship...The pictures are lovely and really add to the story. I also enjoyed the extra features and puzzles at the back.' Read full review >
- Bella Perez, age 9 - 'I liked the grumpy trolls because they were so demanding and a few trolls were quite cheeky...it was interesting and I would recommend it to my friends.' Read full review >
- Robyn Loveless, age 8 - 'A girly book that I could read to myself with some help. It is exciting and a bit like the Flower Fairies in style. There were good pictures. The only downside was the long chapters!' Read full review >
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'This is a really good book with a lot of magic in it...I can't wait to read the other books!' Read full review >
- Val Cobbin - 'it's plot and characters are absolutely tailor-made to appeal to girls aged between five and eight...My daughter loved poring over the map at the front of the book, and also enjoyed the maze and facts at the end; these little extras go down well.' Read full review >
Hattie B, Magical Vet: the Mermaid's Tail by Claire Taylor-Smith
Another creature needs Hattie's help in the Kingdom of Bellua! This time a mermaid has lost the colour in her tail, and Hattie knows who has stolen it - evil King Ivar of the Imps. Hattie must travel across the desert to collect the mermaid's medicine. Will she make it back in time to save her?
Hattie B is inspired by a little girl called Harriet, who once asked 'where do unicorns and dragons go when they're unwell?' Her mum, Lindsay Taylor, and their friend, Suzanne Smith thought long and hard and suddenly realised - a magical vet of course! With this twinkle of an idea they met the writer Claire Baker and together they created the Kingdom of Bellua - and the pen name Claire Taylor-Smith.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Claire Taylor-Smith
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
3rd July 2014
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15