Frozen Fish Fingers
Written by Jason Beresford
Illustrated by Vicky Barker
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
For mad-cap adventure that really is side-splittingly funny then go no further than this, the second in the Fish Fingers series featuring four superheroes. But, when they win a holiday to a far off place can their special talents save them when things begin to go wrong. Some of our kids reader review panel members were lucky enough to read the first in the series. To get a flavour of what they thought see below.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series, The Fabulous Four Fish Fingers. You can read their reviews below.
- Otis Walker, age 8 - 'It’s great and I loved that it’s got short chapters so you can read it before going to bed. I think this book was very exciting.' Read full review >
- Alexander Bisland age 8 - 'I recommend this book to children age 7+ especially if you like adventure or funny books...I give it 100,000,000 stars.' Read full review >
- James Goodall age 9 - 'I would recommend this story because it will make you laugh out loud and it is a very enjoyable read. Go on, read it and don't let me stop you!' Read full review >
- Ewan Young, age 10 - 'Four unlikely heroes battle to save the day from some even more unlikely villains!' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'This was a hilarious adventure with lots of daft characters and thrilling escapades. A brilliant read, I loved it!' Read full review >
- Hannah Minton, age 7 - 'A really enjoyable funny book I couldn't put down.' Read full review >
- Nathan Gray, aged 9 - 'This is a great book for children beacuse of the great imagery and I loved reading it.' Read full review >
Win a SIGNED hardback copy of Ottoline and the Purple Fox!
We are giving away 3 signed hardback copies of the fourth Ottoline adventure written and illustrated by Chris Riddell, Ottoline and the Purple Fox.
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
Frozen Fish Fingers by Jason Beresford
When danger is near, best friends Gary, Ruby, Bel and Morris become superheroes. The Chimp can swing from the rooftops, KangaRuby has a magical pocket, Bel's voice can shatter glass and Slug Boy . . . well he's a bit sluggy.
The gang are thrilled to win a school trip to Transyldovia. But amid all the skiing and snow-filled fun, something strange is afoot. It starts with a runaway toilet and rapidly snowballs into a wild and dangerous adventure. . . Flying pigs! Vampires! Beetroot! Will the Fish Fingers survive their most chilling ordeal yet?
About the Author
More books by Jason Beresford
Author's Facebook Latest
Catnip Publishing Ltd
28th August 2014
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14