The Girl Who Walked On Air
Written by Emma Carroll
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
All the excitement of the circus is captured in this exciting story about one girl’s exceptional talent and tenacity as she does everything she can to become the new star of the show. Everyone knows ‘the bigger the danger, the bigger the crowd’ so it is no surprise that Monsieur Mercury, or Jasper as he is better known to Louie, the most daring of trapeze artists will bring in a huge crowd. When Jasper has a terrible accident Louie begs for a chance to show off her amazing tight-rope walking skills. But will anyone allow her to perform?
Fans of Frost Hollow Hall will love this epic adventure about following your dreams and becoming a showstopper!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading4kids expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Jennifer Bridgeman, age 9 - 'If you enjoyed Ms Carroll's previous book then you'll love this one even more!! Jenny and myself adored it from start to finish.' Read full review >
- Felicity Wilcox, age 11 - 'An awesome page turning book. A historic adventure with strong female characters.' Read full review >
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'This is a great adventure story about a girl who has to cross the Niagara Falls - on a tightrope!' Read full review >
- Matilda Greenacre, age 8 - 'I LOVED this book!' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A really exciting story set in the thrilling world of the circus. I was gripped by Louie’s passion to perform and to find her mother. A fantastic book!' Read full review >
- Jasmine Davies, age 10 - 'This book is full of magic, I loved it and did not want it to end. I would rate it 10 out of 10 because it is amazing and mysterious.' Read full review >
The Girl Who Walked On Air by Emma Carroll
Louie, who was abandoned at Chipchase's Travelling Circus as a baby, dreams of becoming a 'Showstopper', but Mr Chipchase keeps her hidden, tucked away in the ticket booth. No Death-Defying Stunts for her. But Louie has been secretly practicing her act; the tightrope and dreams of being the Girl Who Walked on Air - she just needs to be given the chance to shine. And the circus needs her too - Wellbeloved's rival show is stealing their crowds. They need a Showstopper. Desperate, Mr Chipchase reluctantly lets Louie perform. She is a sensation, and gets an offer from the sinister Mr Wellbeloved himself to perform ...over Niagara Falls. But nothing is quite as it seems and soon Louie's bravery is tested not just on the high wire but in confronting her past and the shady characters in the world of the circus...
About the Author
Interest Age: from 9 to 11
More books by Emma Carroll
Author's Facebook Latest
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
7th August 2014
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham