The Return of a Pig Called Heather
Written by Harry Oulton
Part of the A Pig Called Heather Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Join Heather the pig as she heads off on a perilous adventure from London to Scotland to win back the farm her best friend and her dad has lost. A wonderfully inspiring tale of courage, friendship and most importantly of all, apples.
Kids love to read and a small number of the Lovereading4kids reader review panel members were lucky enough to be invited to review the first in Heather's adventures, A Pig Called Heather. You can read their reviews below.
- Alexander Bisland, age 8 - 'I enjoyed this book because it is funny and sad but above all I couldn’t put it down because I wanted to know what happens next! I give it 100/100 and I can’t wait to read the sequel!' Read full review >
- Toby Pickering, age 6 - 'A fantastic book! I loved reading this exciting story about Heather the pig, her best friend Isla and all the exciting things that happen to them. I can't wait to read the next book!' Read full review >
- Martyna Macheta, age 8 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book, my favorite character was the wild cat because he said lots of things that were really funny!I would give this book 10 out of 10!!!' Read full review >
- Evie Aconley, age 7 - 'It's a really good story that had me interested from the start, I couldn’t wait to keep reading about Heather and Isla.' Read full review >
- Molly Clark, age 10 - 'I love this book because it is funny quirky and heart warming.' Read full review >
- Alex Faulkner, age 9 - 'Exciting and descriptive with good characters with great personalities. I liked this book a lot.' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'I enjoyed this book as it managed to be both sad and quite funny at the same time.' Read full review >
- Matilda Greenacre, age 7 - 'This is an interesting book about a pig called Heather, who goes to London. Her adventures take to School, see her covered in paint and ends up in a zoo.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 7 - 'A Pig Called Heather is a book that is sometimes sad and sometimes funny.' Read full review >
- Amy Donnelly, St. Colm’s High School - 'I really enjoyed reading this book' Read full review >
- Callum Donnelly, St. Colm’s High School - 'This story has a bright and heartening message about two friends losing each other and being reunited once again after a long adventure through London.' Read full review >
The Return of a Pig Called Heather by Harry Oulton
Heather should be happy. She's come to London, found Isla and is contentedly living among the bearded pigs in the Zoo. But something's wrong. Isla's sad, and if Isla's sad, then Heather's sad. It seems the only way to make things better is for Heather to break out of the zoo, travel 500 miles to Scotland, and then get the farm back for Isla and her dad. Easy! On her travels Heather will lose weight, find it again, meet an eagle, hide from bats, and talk to chickens. She'll come face to face with the terrifying wildcat, and all the while she'll be hunted by a tenacious animal catcher and his dogged - dog. Only if she can get back to Scotland and avoid capture can she face the hardest challenge of all, the fight for the one place she and Isla can truly call home.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Harry Oulton
Piccadilly Press Ltd an imprint of Templar Publishing
7th August 2014
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10