Written by Chris Hill
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
September 2014 Debut of the Month An inspiring, lovely read, containing a classic storyline told in an imaginative way. Lucky the red squirrel finds himself living amongst the confusing, bigger and stronger Cloudfoot grey squirrels. The age old themes of the meaning of friendship, not giving up and that it can be good to be different are all here. The story romps along as Lucky races to keep up with everyone else and ultimately battles not just for his survival, but that of the entire clan. There are some juddering heart in mouth and sorrowfully somber moments to be had along the way, yet fundamentally this is a creatively heartening and delightful book. ~ Liz Robinson
A Piece of Passion for Lucky by Barry Cunningham, Publisher, Chicken House I have always loved the idea of life in an animal burrow or nest, or hidden high amongst the trees! It’s the secret world with clever rules and tough survival tests which fascinates me, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to read Chris Hill’s epic story of squirrel struggles and loyal friendships. I also rather fancy a fluffy tail! But watch out – it’s dangerous in those high tops!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Isaac East, age 8 - 'I really enjoyed this book - it has been my favorite review book so far. It is about one red squirrel waking up in a park of grey squirrels. It is hard for survival when you are lost in the wild.' Read full review >
- Ruma Pierre, age 8 - 'I really enjoyed reading Lucky. It’s a great story about the squirrels’ way of life that live in a place called Cloudfoot Avenue.' Read full review >
- Isabel, age 7 - 'A really good read I loved Lucky, he was fabulous!' Read full review >
- Miranda Beinart-Smith, age 8 - 'I like the fact that all the characters in this book are so adventurous and are full of high spirits and cool personalities.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Well written and packed with action, this is a brilliant adventure with a bushy tail!' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'This book is about a cute red squirrel called Lucky who finds himself in an unfamiliar tree. He wants to find his way back to his home but faces dangers along the way with his new friends.' Read full review >
Lucky by Chris Hill
When lost red squirrel Lucky finds himself in Albion Park, the native squirrels all around him are bigger, tougher, and much more. grey. He needs all the luck he can find to fit in, and even more to pass the Squirrel Trial that will give him a permanent place in the park. But when Lucky discovers a plot that threatens their home, he'll need more than just good fortune on his side.
About the Author
More books by Chris Hill
Chicken House Ltd
4th September 2014
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale