Written by Chris Hill
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
September 2014 Debut of the Month An inspiring, lovely read, containing a classic storyline told in an imaginative way. Lucky the red squirrel finds himself living amongst the confusing, bigger and stronger Cloudfoot grey squirrels. The age old themes of the meaning of friendship, not giving up and that it can be good to be different are all here. The story romps along as Lucky races to keep up with everyone else and ultimately battles not just for his survival, but that of the entire clan. There are some juddering heart in mouth and sorrowfully somber moments to be had along the way, yet fundamentally this is a creatively heartening and delightful book. ~ Liz Robinson
A Piece of Passion for Lucky by Barry Cunningham, Publisher, Chicken House I have always loved the idea of life in an animal burrow or nest, or hidden high amongst the trees! It’s the secret world with clever rules and tough survival tests which fascinates me, so you can imagine how thrilled I was to read Chris Hill’s epic story of squirrel struggles and loyal friendships. I also rather fancy a fluffy tail! But watch out – it’s dangerous in those high tops!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Isaac East, age 8 - 'I really enjoyed this book - it has been my favorite review book so far. It is about one red squirrel waking up in a park of grey squirrels. It is hard for survival when you are lost in the wild.' Read full review >
- Ruma Pierre, age 8 - 'I really enjoyed reading Lucky. It’s a great story about the squirrels’ way of life that live in a place called Cloudfoot Avenue.' Read full review >
- Isabel, age 7 - 'A really good read I loved Lucky, he was fabulous!' Read full review >
- Miranda Beinart-Smith, age 8 - 'I like the fact that all the characters in this book are so adventurous and are full of high spirits and cool personalities.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Well written and packed with action, this is a brilliant adventure with a bushy tail!' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'This book is about a cute red squirrel called Lucky who finds himself in an unfamiliar tree. He wants to find his way back to his home but faces dangers along the way with his new friends.' Read full review >
Lucky by Chris Hill
When lost red squirrel Lucky finds himself in Albion Park, the native squirrels all around him are bigger, tougher, and much more. grey. He needs all the luck he can find to fit in, and even more to pass the Squirrel Trial that will give him a permanent place in the park. But when Lucky discovers a plot that threatens their home, he'll need more than just good fortune on his side.
About the Author
More books by Chris Hill
Chicken House Ltd
4th September 2014
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12