A Dark Inheritance
Written by Chris d'Lacey
Part of the The Unicorne Files Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A whopping adventure with some thrilling chases, heart-racing paranormal moments, unexplained criminal activity, a robot with the unlikely name of Gustav Klimt, a secret enterprise called Unicorne and Michael, a great schoolboy hero, at its heart. When Michael saves a husky from jumping off the cliff he unleashes an unstoppable flow of events which looks as if it will help him to find an explanation for his father’s mysterious disappearance. Did his father have special powers? And does he? . and who is the mysterious Klimt?
A Piece of Passion for A Dark Inheritance by Barry Cunningham, Publisher, Chicken House We all know there are dark forces. Right. No question – and thank goodness some people have powers that can alter stuff so we can at least get a twist on reality to stay ahead. Right. No question. Chris d’Lacey knows the whole story – he’s just not telling us yet. Get reading. Before it’s too late. You’ll love it.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Rachel Ilsley, age 11 - 'I really liked this book, I thought it was very exciting and it was an enjoyable to read.'
- James Lawrence Griffith, age 11 - 'This enticing modern day story would suit all adventure lovers. I loved it and found it similar to the James Bond books.'
- Liam, age 12 - 'A Dark Inheritance was very thrilling, captivating and a bit surreal. However, it was a bit confusing at times. Overall it is good to persevere because all of your questions will be answered.'
- Ross Dawson, age 11 - 'A complex story involving altered realities, which the main character can’t quite explain himself. I started out confused, quickly became intrigued and now I can't wait for the next instalment!'
- Keeley Carr, age 11 - 'This is such a thrilling, imaginative book! If you love: danger, thrilling, crime stories this book is the best book to read. Chris D'Lacey has done a very good job creating this collection of books!'
- Elenie Williams, age 12 - 'The Unicorne files: A Dark Inheritance is a great book that you will almost certainly enjoy if you like the young bond series by Charlie Higson.'
- Lucy Minton, age 11 - 'A thrilling tale of mystery, murder and a little bit of love.'
- Benjy Randall, age 12 - 'A fast pace, high action book, that keeps you gripped from start to finish.'
- Charlotte Rosevear - 'I found this book disturbing and intriguing.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Thrilling and well written but also very sad in places and a little too confusing for me at the end.'
- Amie, age 11 - 'This book is a real thriller, gripping and clever but is a bit scary at times.'
- Lawrence Griffith, age 11 - 'This enticing modern day story would suit all adventure lovers. I loved it and found it similar to the James Bond books.'
- Callum Broomfield - 'It’s a must read for everyone who likes the paranormal adventure type stories.'
A Dark Inheritance by Chris d'Lacey
Michael Malone's life has not been the same since his father disappeared three years ago. Determined to find him, Michael gets unwittingly drawn into supernatural organisation UNICORNE, who claim to have vital information for his quest. But they want something in return. Something that is hidden in Michael's very bones.
Michael has to work out who he can trust and uncover the secret of who he really is before he can find out the truth behind his father's disappearance...
About the Author
More books by Chris d'Lacey
Chicken House Ltd
7th August 2014
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans