Written by Hilton Pashley
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This fast-paced debut novel tells how Jonathan, the only half-angel, half- demon in the universe, sets out to find the mysterious Gabriel’s clock which has gone missing. Protected by his parent’s, Jonathan has been brought up to think that he is normal but that is far from the truth! Failure in his quest will mean his family will die; success may bring on a war between Heaven and Hell which could destroy everyone. With the clock already ticking Jonathan must risk all and get on with the job in hand!
The Good Book Guide Review. Half-angel and half-demon boy Jonathan is in terrible danger. Archdemon Belial wants to capture him and use him as a weapon to conquer Heaven and Hell. Jonathan’s parents are also missing, but can he find them and stop Belial? A gripping fantasy.
~ Andrea Rayner
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Felicity Wilcox, age 10 - 'Very good book, not for the faint hearted! But a lot of my family like it.' Read full review >
- Ewan Young, age 10 - 'Lots of action and demons, I couldn't put this book down!' Read full review >
- Calum Stillie, age 11 - 'This book is a meatier and cooler version of Beast Quest fans or a light read for fans of Harry Potter. I look forward to the next installment.' Read full review >
- Lewis Duckworth, age 12 - 'a fantastic and sometimes funny novel. If you like fantasy and action books this is one for you.' Read full review >
- Emily Passmore, age 12 - 'After I got into it, I loved this book and thought it was really, really good!!' Read full review >
- Robert White, age 10 - 'This book is hilarious and action packed! Expect to see mind-blowing devils in bowler hats, talking cats, living gargoyles and a half-demon, half-angel hero.' Read full review >
- Jemima, age 9 - 'There's a talking cat, friendly gargoyles, demons, were wolves, a dragon, a vicar with a pistol and a rapier, and as the cat would say... What’s not to like?' Read full review >
- Benjy Randall, age 9 - 'A thrilling adventure story from start to finish.' Read full review >
- Traviss Chaytors, age 10 - 'This book has it all; a talking cat, a half-angel half-demon and a werewolf. A perfect fantasy and magical world in a perfect story.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'Gabriel's Clock captivated me from the very first page. I stormed through it and couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. This is a truly amazing story and I absolutely loved it.' Read full review >
- Lucy Minton, age 10 - 'A fantastic piece of writing which had me gripped...I was on the edge of my seat.' Read full review >
- Evie Scott-Sentance, age 10 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed this story – it was exciting and dramatic. Once I’d started it, I couldn’t stop! I recommend Gabriel’s Clock to everyone – it’s a great book.' Read full review >
- Emma Stephenson, age 10 - 'Gabriel's Clock is a magical book that I found gripping from the first chapter...I did not think it would be as good as Harry Potter but it is.' Read full review >
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 11 - 'I think that Gabriel's Clock was a stunning read; a compulsive page turner that I finished in just two days. Sometimes I was laughing and sometimes I had my heart rapidly beating.' Read full review >
Win an original print from The Pavee and the Buffer Girl
Siobhan Dowd's powerful story of the fight against racism and prejudice, The Pavee and the Buffer Girl, has been reissued as a splendid graphic novel with stunning illustrations by Emma Shoard. We are giving away an ORIGINAL print from the book (shown here) and a copy SIGNED by Emma.
To have a chance of winning this special prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Gabriel's Clock by Hilton Pashley
Jonathan is half-angel, half-demon, and the only one of his kind. But he has no idea of his true identity, and now a rogue archdemon wants him for his own sinister purpose...With the aid of a group of unlikely new friends, Jonathan races to find the mysterious Gabriel's Clock, which has the power to start a war between Heaven and Hell that could engulf them all. Gabriel's clock is ticking ...and time is running out.
Fast-paced debut Julia Eccleshare, Lovereading Books of the Year 2013
An original new voice Books for Keeps
Exciting, engrossing story full of thrilling moments Primary Times
One to watch in 2014 -- Chris Bushby (Bookseller, Jarrolds) Eastern Daily Press
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Hilton Pashley
Author's Facebook Latest
Andersen Press Ltd
4th September 2014
Andersen Press Ltd is an imprint of Andersen Press
Andersen Press is one of the leading independent children’s publishers, publishing some of the biggest names in the world of children's books including the much-loved picture book characters the Little Princess and Elmer the patchwork elephant. Andersen Press is the home of many award-winning authors and illustrators including Melvin Burgess, Rebecca Stead, Satoshi Kitamura, Tony Ross, David McKee, Chris Judge and Jeanne Willis. Founded in 1976 by Klaus Flugge it won the Bologna Best Children’s Publisher prize in the European Category in 2016, the company’s 40th anniversary year.
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15