The Time-Travelling Sandwich Bites Back
Written by Matt Brown
Illustrated by Lizzie Finlay
Part of the Compton Valance Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Book of the Month A second hilarious and disgusting adventure wittily told in words and pictures making it perfect for all fans of the Wimpy Kid. A mouldy old sandwich has a remarkable impact on the life of Compton Valance, an apparently very ordinary school boy. This mouldy sandwich is no ordinary one! It has the power to take Compton Valance travelling back in time…But time-travel is a confusing and complicated matter and Compton Valance is soon in for a second adventure of a lifetime!
This is the 2nd Compton Valance adventure which follows on from the fantastic, fast paced The Most Powerful Boy in the Universe.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading4kids expert opinion some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series, The Most Powerful Boy in the Universe. You can read their reviews below.
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'This is a crazy, fast paced and hilarious time travel adventure. I loved the cartoons and extra info added to each page in the small print and I really, really enjoyed reading it.' Read full review >
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'Quite an interesting book that tries to be funny but isn't as humorous as other books like it.' Read full review >
- Dylan Sweet, age 10 - 'this is going to be a hilarious beginning to a brilliant series.' Read full review >
- Toby Slocombe, age 10 - 'Compton Valance is a fantastic book.' Read full review >
- Alex Bateman, age 8 - 'There were lots of very funny bits in the book but it seemed like it was trying too hard to be funny.' Read full review >
- Daniel Harrison, age 7 - 'It was very funny because I liked the small writing at the bottom of some pages. I would like to read the next one of these.' Read full review >
- Sarankan Selvanathan, age 10 - 'I have to admit this is one of the most weirdest books I have read. At first I thought it was a story and then a blurb! But it is really full of suspense.' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'I liked this book because it was a bit unpredicatable it was a nice surprise not knowing what would happen next.' Read full review >
Win a HARDBACK copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid Double Down!
The Wimpy Kid is back! To celebrate the publication of the 11th book in this bestselling series from Jeff Kinney we are giving away FIVE HARDBACK copies of Double Down!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
The Time-Travelling Sandwich Bites Back by Matt Brown
Compton Valance has an incredible secret: he can travel through time using a stinky sandwich. And now he's in big trouble! Because his evil brother Bravo has stolen the sandwich and is biting his way through time, causing chaos. It's up to Compton and his bungling mate Bryan to stop Bravo before time runs out and the universe implodes. Yes, really.
About the Author
Interest Age: 8+
More books by Matt Brown
Author's Facebook Latest
Usborne Publishing Ltd
1st October 2014
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11