The Time-Travelling Sandwich Bites Back
Written by Matt Brown
Illustrated by Lizzie Finlay
Part of the Compton Valance Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Book of the Month A second hilarious and disgusting adventure wittily told in words and pictures making it perfect for all fans of the Wimpy Kid. A mouldy old sandwich has a remarkable impact on the life of Compton Valance, an apparently very ordinary school boy. This mouldy sandwich is no ordinary one! It has the power to take Compton Valance travelling back in time…But time-travel is a confusing and complicated matter and Compton Valance is soon in for a second adventure of a lifetime!
This is the 2nd Compton Valance adventure which follows on from the fantastic, fast paced The Most Powerful Boy in the Universe.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading4kids expert opinion some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series, The Most Powerful Boy in the Universe. You can read their reviews below.
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'This is a crazy, fast paced and hilarious time travel adventure. I loved the cartoons and extra info added to each page in the small print and I really, really enjoyed reading it.' Read full review >
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'Quite an interesting book that tries to be funny but isn't as humorous as other books like it.' Read full review >
- Dylan Sweet, age 10 - 'this is going to be a hilarious beginning to a brilliant series.' Read full review >
- Toby Slocombe, age 10 - 'Compton Valance is a fantastic book.' Read full review >
- Alex Bateman, age 8 - 'There were lots of very funny bits in the book but it seemed like it was trying too hard to be funny.' Read full review >
- Daniel Harrison, age 7 - 'It was very funny because I liked the small writing at the bottom of some pages. I would like to read the next one of these.' Read full review >
- Sarankan Selvanathan, age 10 - 'I have to admit this is one of the most weirdest books I have read. At first I thought it was a story and then a blurb! But it is really full of suspense.' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'I liked this book because it was a bit unpredicatable it was a nice surprise not knowing what would happen next.' Read full review >
The Time-Travelling Sandwich Bites Back by Matt Brown
Compton Valance has an incredible secret: he can travel through time using a stinky sandwich. And now he's in big trouble! Because his evil brother Bravo has stolen the sandwich and is biting his way through time, causing chaos. It's up to Compton and his bungling mate Bryan to stop Bravo before time runs out and the universe implodes. Yes, really.
About the Author
Interest Age: 8+
More books by Matt Brown
Author's Facebook Latest
Usborne Publishing Ltd
1st October 2014
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans