Woozy the Wizard A Spell to Get Well
Written by Elli Woollard
Part of the Woozy the Wizard Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Debut of the Month A simple and witty rhyming text tells how Woozy the Wizard sets about trying to make the villagers of Snottington Sneeze better after they have all gone down with a very severe kind of sneezing sickness! There are lots of jokes which are easily spotted in the illustrations too!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Alex Golding, age 4 - 'It's funny. Delightful. Fantastic rhyming story that allows children to join in. We loved Woozy!' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 7 - 'I like the book because it’s hilarious, easy to read and it rhymes. Also, the pictures are really colourful.' Read full review >
- Gabriella Chatham, age 7 - 'Laugh out loud fun...The pictures in this book are really well done and bright and colourful.' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'A simple tale about a wizard and his efforts to cure a village.' Read full review >
- Martha Cox, age 5 - 'It's a really funny story. I liked it a lot.' Read full review >
- Emma Johnson, age 4 - 'I thought this book was brilliant! I love the wizard and the pictures are really funny.' Read full review >
- Emma's mum - 'This was a great book to read together - we always love a good rhyming story, and trying to guess the last word.' Read full review >
- Robert Anderson, age 4 - 'Very silly and funny story...The illustrations are bright and cheerful, a perfect complement to the text itself.' Read full review >
- Hannah Bedforth, age 7 - 'Woozy makes me laugh out loud.' Read full review >
- James McNichol, age 4 - 'My son thought this book was brilliant. He particularly liked the line “spots on their bots”, and laughed every time we read it.' Read full review >
- Georgie Newman, age 6 - 'Brilliant book. I like that it has pictures but also not baby writing...Woozy is a good and brave wizard. He helped everyone get well even though he didn't know he was doing it.' Read full review >
Win a Bear Hunt Goodie Bag!
The arrival of spring brings 2 new books based on the world of We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury, especially to encourage your children to get out and about and explore the outdoors this Easter.
And we have copies of My Explorer's Journal and My Adventure Field Guide to give away!
ONE LUCKY WINNER will get a copy of both My Explorer's Journal and My Adventure Field Guide, a DVD of We're Going on a Bear Hunt animation, a poster, and a small cuddly bear. THREE RUNNERS-UP will receive a copy of each book as runner up prizes.
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
Woozy the Wizard A Spell to Get Well by Elli Woollard
In the faraway village of Snottington Sneeze
Lived a wizened old wizard with knocketty knees.
Woozy the Wizard is a well-meaning wizard who just wants to help his friends. But sometimes his spells (and he) get all mixed up! So then he has to get back on his broom with his pet pig and zoom around the village trying to put things right...
Your spells sometimes flop but you see, we don't mind;
We love you, dear wizard, because you are kind.
With hilarious rhyming verse coupled with full colour illustrations throughout, Woozy the Wizard: A Spell to Get Well is great fun to read together and wonderful for taking a gentle step towards reading alone too.
About the Author
Interest Age: from 5 to 7
More books by Elli Woollard
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
2nd October 2014
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10