Woozy the Wizard A Spell to Get Well
Written by Elli Woollard
Part of the Woozy the Wizard Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Debut of the Month A simple and witty rhyming text tells how Woozy the Wizard sets about trying to make the villagers of Snottington Sneeze better after they have all gone down with a very severe kind of sneezing sickness! There are lots of jokes which are easily spotted in the illustrations too!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Alex Golding, age 4 - 'It's funny. Delightful. Fantastic rhyming story that allows children to join in. We loved Woozy!' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 7 - 'I like the book because it’s hilarious, easy to read and it rhymes. Also, the pictures are really colourful.' Read full review >
- Gabriella Chatham, age 7 - 'Laugh out loud fun...The pictures in this book are really well done and bright and colourful.' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'A simple tale about a wizard and his efforts to cure a village.' Read full review >
- Martha Cox, age 5 - 'It's a really funny story. I liked it a lot.' Read full review >
- Emma Johnson, age 4 - 'I thought this book was brilliant! I love the wizard and the pictures are really funny.' Read full review >
- Emma's mum - 'This was a great book to read together - we always love a good rhyming story, and trying to guess the last word.' Read full review >
- Robert Anderson, age 4 - 'Very silly and funny story...The illustrations are bright and cheerful, a perfect complement to the text itself.' Read full review >
- Hannah Bedforth, age 7 - 'Woozy makes me laugh out loud.' Read full review >
- James McNichol, age 4 - 'My son thought this book was brilliant. He particularly liked the line “spots on their bots”, and laughed every time we read it.' Read full review >
- Georgie Newman, age 6 - 'Brilliant book. I like that it has pictures but also not baby writing...Woozy is a good and brave wizard. He helped everyone get well even though he didn't know he was doing it.' Read full review >
Woozy the Wizard A Spell to Get Well by Elli Woollard
In the faraway village of Snottington Sneeze
Lived a wizened old wizard with knocketty knees.
Woozy the Wizard is a well-meaning wizard who just wants to help his friends. But sometimes his spells (and he) get all mixed up! So then he has to get back on his broom with his pet pig and zoom around the village trying to put things right...
Your spells sometimes flop but you see, we don't mind;
We love you, dear wizard, because you are kind.
With hilarious rhyming verse coupled with full colour illustrations throughout, Woozy the Wizard: A Spell to Get Well is great fun to read together and wonderful for taking a gentle step towards reading alone too.
About the Author
Interest Age: from 5 to 7
More books by Elli Woollard
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
2nd October 2014
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen