Written by C. J. Flood
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Winner of The Branford Boase Award 2014.
Shot through with danger as adolescence can be, this is a powerful coming of age novel which combines dark realities with optimism and naivety. When Iris’s mother takes off on a road trip, things at home begin to fall apart. The arrival of a family of travellers close by sets off a chain of events which leads to tragedy. But Iris sees Trick and his family differently; she knows he isn’t the boy his is made out to be. But, when everything spirals out of control, will she ever be able to feel the same about him? Beautifully written, this is a poignant story of young love from a talented new author.
Infinite Sky is one of the books I’m most excited about publishing next year. Simply and beautifully written, it’s the heart-breaking story of the summer Iris experiences love and loss for the first time.
Starting as it ends, with a funeral, Infinite Sky keeps us guessing about the identity of the boy Iris is left mourning – is it her tearaway brother, Sam, or Trick, her tentative new boyfriend? The conclusion is devastating, and will make you cry. A stunning read from a really talented new author -whose writing reminds me of early Meg Rosoff and David Almond - this is a book to fall in love with. I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- Longlisted for the Carnegie Medal 2014 - Shortlisted for the Leeds Book Awards 2014, 14-16 age category - One of our Must Reads of 2013.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Alice D'Angelo - 'C J Flood weaves an intricate basket carrying the soul of the story, in a thought provoking yet natural way, bringing up subjects that are so often avoided...' Read full review >
- Safiyah (15) - 'It is un-put-down-able and thrilling book, perfect for readers who enjoy a good plot and interesting characters.' Read full review >
- Chloe Sheehan - 'This book is a heart-wrenching novel it has many twists and turns and leaves you hungry for more.' Read full review >
- Heather Cranmer - 'The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl ...a sweet coming of age story that is beautifully written and tugs at your heartstrings... should be a future classic.' Read full review >
- Izzy Read - 'Wow. A mixture of love and family with a harsh kick of reality. It really is an outstanding read.' Read full review >
- Eloise Greenberry - 'I can truthfully say that I haven’t read a book as good as this in a while and I am sure it will be a while before I read a book as good as this again...' Read full review >
- Emily Gleave - 'I found the book really interesting, and quite hard to put down ...' Read full review >
- Ayesha Afghan Infinite sky is a truly magnificent book that is filled with love, anger and adventure!... Click here to read the full review. Read full review >
Infinite Sky by C. J. Flood
Winner of the Branford Boase award 2014 A truly beautiful book about the summer that changed one girl's life - one in which her mum leaves home, travellers set up camp in the family's field, her older brother goes off the rails, and she falls in love for the very first time. Opening with a funeral, Iris is mourning the boy in the casket - but who is it? Sam, her tearaway brother, or Trick, her tentative boyfriend? Over one long hot summer, we find out just how their three lives were turned upside-down.
'Every character is drawn with sympathy, economy and assurance'
'Loved by young adult journalists, CJ Flood's debut novel is also a burgeoning hit among adult readers'
'A beautiful, delicate debut'
... I love how the place and the 'natural world
... I love the romance - how it's more than a romance, really, and not at all sentimental or typical. Simmone Howell, author of Notes from the Teenage Underground I loved Infinite Sky. Thanks for introducing me to a fantastic new author. Keith Gray, author of Ostrich Boys C.J. Flood has hit upon a timely topic. Interest in the travelling community gathers momentum, and this is a serious story that asks some brave questions. We Love This Book Strong debut...She's one to watch. The Bookseller A beautifully written, poignant account of first love, so full of delightfully recognisable moments, it will have grown-ups welling up. The Irish Time, Gloss magazine Exceptionally good. From the first sentence... the story grips you... Moving, open-ended and remarkable. -- Nicolette Jones Sunday Times Culture
About the Author
Interest Age: From 11
C. J. Flood
More books by C. J. Flood
Simon & Schuster Ltd
14th July 2014
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk