Precious and the Case of the Missing Lion A New Case for Precious Ramotswe
Written by Alexander Mccall Smith
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Well before Precious Ramotswe founded her Number One Ladies' Detective Agency, as an eight-year-old girl she was already solving mysteries. Here, in this delightful, new, enchanting tale for children, we see how the young Precious became the crafty and intuitive private investigator we all know and love!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read the first title in the series, Precious and the Monkeys. You can read their reviews below.
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'Alexander McCall Smith is one of my favourite authors and I have read quite a few books written by him. Out of all his books this is my favourite.' Read full review >
- Charlie Swan, age 8 - 'The book is very well-illustrated. The pictures look like they have come to life. After I had read a few pages I just couldn’t stop reading it.' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'Great book, I love detective stories and I love animal stories and so this was a great book for me.' Read full review >
- Amelie Chatham, age 11 - 'Alexander McCall Smith has an amazing talent for story telling.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A really heartwarming story about an eight year old girl who has her own detective agency later on in life. This is her first case trying to discover who is pinching snacks. Can you guess who?' Read full review >
- Robyn Loveless, age 9 - 'A brilliant story about a young girl in Botswana called Precious Ramotswe and how she found out who was stealing things from her friends.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A lovely story which has something to offer readers of all ages, this is a thoroughly enjoyable, gentle, gem of a book.' Read full review >
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'This book is interesting but it is a bit young for my age.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'A lovely, warm story of a girl called Precious and her first detective case.' Read full review >
- Katie Johnson, age 10 - 'Once I had turned the first page, I was finding it really tricky to stop reading!' Read full review >
- James & Alex, age 9 & 8 - 'A fun story about Precious the detective and all different characters in Botswana. We really wanted to know what happened in the mystery of the thief at the school.' Read full review >
- Olivia Faulkner, age 7 - 'I can't wait to read the next books about Precious, I know they are going to be great.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'I didn't put this book down once the whole time I was reading it. I would definitely recommend it. Five out of five stars.' Read full review >
Win a HARDBACK copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid Double Down!
The Wimpy Kid is back! To celebrate the publication of the 11th book in this bestselling series from Jeff Kinney we are giving away FIVE HARDBACK copies of Double Down!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
Precious and the Case of the Missing Lion A New Case for Precious Ramotswe by Alexander Mccall Smith
A lion is on the loose! Precious Ramotswe is on holiday, staying with her Aunty Bee at safari camp deep in the Botswana countryside, and is excited when a new lion arrives. Not just any lion but an actor-lion called Teddy with his own film crew! But when the four-legged movie star goes missing the camp is thrown into confusion. Can the young detective and her resourceful new friend Khumo solve the mystery and find out where Teddy has gone? The search plunges the two young sleuths deep into the jungle. As they dodge the hippos and crocs they will need all their bravery and cleverness to catch their prize.
Find out if they succeed as Alexander McCall Smith tells us the story of Precious and the Mystery of the Missing Lion.
There are 3 Precious Ramotswe mystery stories to enjoy..
About the Author
Alexander Mccall Smith
More books by Alexander Mccall Smith
Author's Facebook Latest
Polygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited an imprint of Birlinn General
11th July 2014
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16