Written by James Frey, Nils Johnson-Shelton
Lovereading4kids Price £11.99
£14.99 saving £3.00 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Book of the Month Chosen from across the world, a fight to the death is the destiny of the twelve young people who have been selected to represent their families in the Endgame. The Players know who they are and they know which line they represent. Sarah from Omaha is Player of the 223rdline – the Cahokian; Jago Tialoc from Peru, Player of the 21st line, is the son of two Players. They are just two of the twelve who, like all the rest, have been training for the deadly Endgame. It is a challenge of strength and skill with unscrambling puzzles at its very heart. Each of the Players reacts differently to their fate and to the journey they have embarked on. Readers, too, will have to follow the clues to get to tease out this well-crafted and well-knotted puzzle.
This exciting new collaboration between James Frey and Google Niantic Labs is a multi-media experience, which links the Engame trilogy, of which The Calling is the first, with an app puzzle. Solve the Endgame mythology puzzle, through clues and riddles found throughout the book, and you get the chance to win $500,000 in pure gold!
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read their full reviews.
- Sarah Murray, age 16 - 'Fast paced, action packed, addictive read! This is mystery, action and part treasure hunt all in one! Also the clues throughout the book make it an interactive experience that is unlike anything else.'
- Clíona McKeown-Bittles, age 16 - 'Endgame had me hooked from the first page, a brilliant read from start to finish.'
- Jonah Morgan, age 14 - 'I loved this action packed thriller, it was one whole roller coaster of a book. I absolutely loved this book one of the best I have read in a long, long time! I would recommend it to anyone!!'
- Louis Desforges, age 13 - 'This is a book that grabs you and draws you in from the very beginning...I would definitely recommend this book as it is a very entertaining and engaging read.'
- Imogen Fisher - 'I think Endgame was quite an interesting book, and that the storyline was good.'
- Chloe Shortall, age 18 - 'I really enjoyed this novel and I definitely would recommend it to readers of The Hunger Games and Divergent.'
- Jodi Coffman, age 12 - 'Best book I've read in a long time! I couldn't put it down and I can't wait for the next book. Thrilling, exciting and a great book for teenagers who love books like The Hunger Games.'
- Sophia Ufton - 'Just brilliant, I loved every bit of this book.'
The Calling by James Frey, Nils Johnson-Shelton
Twelve ancient cultures were chosen millennia ago to represent humanity in Endgame, a global game that will decide the fate of humankind. Endgame has always been a possibility, but never a reality...until now. Twelve meteorites have just struck Earth, each meteorite containing a message for a Player who has been trained for this moment. At stake for the Players: saving their bloodline, as well as the fate of the world. And only one can win. Endgame is real. Endgame is now. Endgame has begun.
Google Niantic is building a mobile location-based augmented reality videogame inextricably tied to the books and mythology, a major prize will be tied to a puzzle in each book, and Twentieth Century Fox has bought the movie rights. Read the Books. Find the Clues. Solve the Puzzle. Who will Win?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 13
James Frey, Nils Johnson-Shelton
More books by James Frey, Nils Johnson-Shelton
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
7th October 2014
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High