Written by Tom Moorhouse
Lovereading4kids Price £8.79
£10.99 saving £2.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This thrilling follow-up to the highly-acclaimed novel, The River Singers, will transport readers into a vivid world of riverbank creatures, where excitement and danger are never far away. With beautiful black and white illustrations throughout by Simon Mendez these combine with great storytelling draw the reader into the sights and sounds of the riverbank and the world of the vole.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in this series, The River Singers.
- Alex Boulton, age 11 - 'This book is wonderful. It is full of happiness, sadness, excitement and action-packed adventure. All the way through you will be crying and laughing with joy and tears of emotion.'Read full review >
- Ewan Young, age 10 - 'This story is brilliant, seeing the river through the eyes of a water vole is really interesting.' Read full review >
- James smart, age 13 - 'Loved the book, I found it gripping and I advise it to anyone.' Read full review >
- Charlie Upchurch, age 9 - 'The River Singers is a wonderful, exciting adventure about a family of water voles in danger who are looking for safety. It reminded me of Watership Down.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 9 This heartwarming tale has danger and excitement. It is both funny and sad and the characters are so believable that I felt like I was living the adventure with them. Read full review >
The Rising by Tom Moorhouse
'I came here to warn you. Before it's too late.' When their uncle Sylvan pays an unexpected visit, young water voles Kale and Strife know something exciting must be about to happen. Little do they know that soon they'll be running for their lives, as a new danger threatens to destroy everything and everyone they care about. Kale and Strife will need all their strength and courage to survive their journey into the unknown. But the shadows are full of enemies, and still more surprises lie in wait ...will they ever make it back home again?
Featuring the wonderful characters from The River Singers, get ready to experience the peril and threat along the banks of the Great River once again...
Praise for The River Singers:
'A wonderful, exciting adventure with appealing characters that you grow to care about. An utterly lovely book and highly recommended. The Bookbag
'Just the sort of book I would have loved as a child.' Gill Lewis, author of Sky Hawk
About the Author
More books by Tom Moorhouse
Author's Facebook Latest
Oxford University Press
2nd October 2014
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman