Atticus Claw Learns to Draw
Written by Jennifer Gray
Part of the Atticus Claw: World's Greatest Cat Detective Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
November 2014 Book of the Month A cat with a difference! Atticus Claw may look like any other tabby cat but, when some famous works of art go missing, Atticus Claw – once a cat burglar but now a police cat – is on the case. In a fast-paced adventure, Atticus Claw not only indentifies the prime suspect but also gets caught up in the equally pressing disaster that is about to befall Inspector Cheddar of Tate Modern. Atticus Claw does some serious sleuth work in the heart of the art world.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the Atticus Claw: World's Greatest Cat Detective Series, Atticus Claw Breaks the Law . You can read their reviews below.
- Harry Gray, age 7 - 'We really enjoyed this book especially all the characters and their names! My five year old brother enjoyed it too.' Read full review >
- Gabriel Phelan, age 10 - 'An extremely enjoyable and funny read with an amazing feline called Atticus Claw.' Read full review >
- James Galbraith, age 6 - 'Funny, mysterious and exciting not to be missed.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A really funny and exciting book. Atticus Claw Breaks the Law is purrfect!' Read full review >
- Faye Dawson, age 8 - 'Ever wondered the truth about what the animals around you are thinking? Read on to find out...' Read full review >
- Noah Hall, age 8 - 'Atticus, the world's greatest cat burglar is hired by Jimmy the Magpie to steal all the jewels in Littleton-on-Sea. Good characters and great story.' Read full review >
- Kenya Hector, age 7 - 'This book is really great I love it so much I want to read it over and over again because it was sometimes a bit funny and I kept on laughing very much.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 8 - 'Top score for Atticus Claw Breaks the Law – the sneakiest cat in town. Do you like villainous adventure stories? Do you like books about funny animals? If so here’s your perfect book.' Read full review >
- Ruma Pierre, age 8 - 'I loved Atticus Claws Breaks the Law because I absolutely could not put it down. Also I just got into it as I started reading it.' Read full review >
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'Atticus is a really cool cat...This is a really good book to read and I think everyone will love it. I wish that I could have a cat like Atticus.' Read full review >
- Holly Wilkins, age 10 - 'You can't put it down! You always want to turn the page to find out what happens next...One of my favourite books. You must read this book!' Read full review >
- Bethany Urquhart, age 8 - 'I couldn’t put it down, it was like there was glue on the spine!' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'An exciting tale of a cat, some jewellery thieves and an Inspector called Cheddar. Funny, thrilling and definitely recommended!' Read full review >
Atticus Claw Learns to Draw by Jennifer Gray
Famous works of art are going missing. But the art world needn't fear because cat burglar turned police cat Atticus is on the case. The prime suspect is Ricardo Butteredsconi - Italian theme park entrepreneur and art connoisseur. Atticus gets to work.
But then to make matters worse the hapless Inspector Cheddar goes missing from the Tate Modern, and Atticus and his friends suspect not only Butteredsconi but his evil pet pig.
‘Atticus is the coolest cat in the world. This is the coolest book in the world.’ Lexi, age 7
‘Atticus Claw is fantastic because it has interesting creatures and characters. I especially like Atticus.’ Charlotte, aged 8
‘I think that this book is the best book I’ve ever read because it’s so funny!’ Yasmin, age 10
‘Fun and exciting, Atticus Grammiticus Cattypuss Claw is the most cutest. Once i opened it i just couldn’t put it down.’ Saamia, age 9
‘It’s mysterious – it makes you want to read on.’ Evie, aged 7
‘I would recommend it to a friend.’ Mollie, aged 10
‘Once you start to read it you can’t stop!’ Molly, age 8
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Jennifer Gray
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
6th November 2014
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15