Written by Tracy Alexander
Part of the Hacked Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A clever, interesting and refreshing read, prepare for your thoughts to be thoroughly provoked. Dan is far too clever for his own good and he is sucked in and down onto the murky, dangerous road of hacking. The author shows how easy it can be to step onto the wrong path and just how difficult it is to try to right a wrong. This certainly isn't a ‘how to hack’ instruction manual, however it is obvious that a considerable amount of research has taken place with some people who really do have the know how. Dan feels normal, feels real and as though he could be your friend or someone you know. Written from Dan’s view point makes this very personal, throughout the novel you feel as though you are right by his side and perhaps surprisingly, also on his side and this makes for a compelling read. ~ Liz Robinson
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Ben Baker, age 14 - 'Superb and action packed. I couldn't put it down until I had read it cover to cover.'
- Nathan Gray, age 10 - 'Personally I think that Hacked is a fantastic book.'
- Ben Simpson, age 12 - 'Loved this book and could not put it down!'
- Cailin McGhee, age 11 - 'If you enjoy the genre, I think you will like the book because there are lots of cliffhangers so it is hard to put down.'
- Jack Wilon, age 12 - 'So good, I read it all in one go...Truly an amazing book which I would highly recommend,and give a thorough 10/10 for this masterpiece.'
- Phoebe Allan, age 14 - 'Hacked is, by far, one of the most awesome books I've read in the last few years. It's witty, clever and has a loveable main character!'
- Cathy McLaughlin, St. Colm’s High School - 'a book that will continue to be relevant for many years to come as it contains many themes such as cyber-crime and cyber terrorism.'
- Amber Morgan, age 14 Thomas Cowley School - 'this is a creative and unique book with many aspects you can relate to. This is a book that will make you laugh, cry, think and shudder all at the same time.'
- John Chapman - 'It’s a realistic story because it shows what could happen to people who don’t think and aren’t careful on the internet. It shows how powerful the internet is to change people’s lives.'
- Emily Kinder, age 14 - 'Full of twists and surprises, Hacked is an intensely gripping book, with a highly relateable main character who is sucked into a world of serious hacking that he never meant to enter.'
- Benjy Randall - 'A very exciting book which is highly recommended.'
- Amelia White, age 15 - 'Amazing book and really funny! I enjoyed reading this book so much.... I also think this book is good in the way that it teaches you about internet safety and that not everyone is who they say they are.'
- Celeste Phelan, age 13 - 'An intense, thrilling novel all about the dangers of the online world. A book for those who love the excitement of gaming.'
- James Lawrence Griffith, age 11 - 'This engrossing modern story would suit all computer lovers with an interest in hacking! I adored it and found Tracy Alexander’s writing top class.'
Hacked by Tracy Alexander
Dan had been diagnosed as ADHD as a child. He quite liked the ritalin, but then he got into computers, and for his parents a geek was better than something feral. It was hard to remember when the genuine hacking started; but free phone credit was the first illicit, tangible real-life results of a hack, though not the last. By the time Dan is contacted online by Angel, he is eager for the challenge laid before him - creating tricky bits of code. But Dan begins to suspect that something more nefarious may be planned for his code than he thought. He will have to decide what truly matters more - protecting his anonymity and freedom or preventing a deadly terror attack ...
About the Author
Interest Age: From 13
More books by Tracy Alexander
Piccadilly Press Ltd an imprint of Templar Publishing
6th November 2014
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley