Written by Zoe Sugg
Part of the Girl Online Series
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Shortlisted for The Bookseller's Book of the Year - December 2014 Mega Debut of the Month Vlogger Zoella’s fans will fall headlong into this sharply observed, super-realistic teen story. Against a background of first the ordinary ups and downs of life at school followed by an amazing fairy tale trip to New York with her wedding-planner parents and very best friend Eliot, sensible Penny records the rollercoaster emotions of being a teenager. When the going to particularly tough, Penny shares what she feels on her blog. Through responses to her posts Penny finds support for herself while also learning how much emotional strength she is giving her thousands of followers.
Amy McCulloch, editorial director of Penguin Children’s, says “Zoe has an incredible voice for teens and she drew on her wealth of experience dealing with real issues like anxiety and cyber-bullying to deliver a poignant, romantic and heart-warming debut novel. The whole team was bursting with excitement at the prospect of working with Zoe, and we know her fans – and the rest of the world – are going to fall head-over-heels with her writing.”
Click here to read reaction from the author that helped Zoe write Girl online.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Elle Cogan, age 11 - 'I loved this book, and couldn't stop reading it once I started. A reality story about things that happen to every teenage girl- embarrassing moments and crushes- and meeting your perfect guy.' Read full review >
- Rebekah, age 12 - 'This book is about a girl who goes online, starts a blog.she meets a boy of her dreams, Noah, but Noah has a secret too. Read this book if you have a crazy family too!' Read full review >
- Isabel Kardos-Stowe, age 11 - 'I really enjoyed this book and was sad when it ended. I think it's suitable for girls over the age of 11. I would rate it 10/10 and would highly recommend it.' Read full review >
- Brooke, age 11 - 'I really like it I couldn't stop reading it.' Read full review >
- Jemma Rubens, age 11 - 'Awesome Book!!!' Read full review >
- Maddy Faulkner, age 12 - 'The story line is fantastic...I can honestly say that this is one of the best books I have ever read, and I have read a lot of books.' Read full review >
- Abeni Morris Heather (11) & Nabilah Yasmin (12) - Year 7s Heartlands High School - 'Girl Online is a brilliant book.' Read full review >
- Daisy Theobald, age 12 - 'This book was amazing it is now my favourite book of all time...By the time I had finished reading the book I was so sad to be saying goodbye to my new friends.' Read full review >
- Amie Coffman, age 10 - I found the story funny and exciting to read but a bit sad in places.... I would love to read more from Zoe Sugg so hope this is not her last novel!' Read full review >
Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
'I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes'...Penny has a secret. Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog. But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.
View Zoe’s latest vlog via her main YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/zoella
Awards for Zoella: 2012, Cosmopolitan Blog Award for the 'Best Beauty Vlogger' 2013 Winner BBC Radio 1 Teen Awards 'Best British Vlogger' 2014. Winner Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award for 'UK's Favourite Vlogger'.
[The] big sister no teen should be without The Telegraph
About the Author
Interest Age: From 10
More books by Zoe Sugg
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
25th November 2014
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7