Written by Catherine Doyle
Part of the Blood for Blood Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
January 2015 Debut of the Month This Romeo and Juliet story throbs with passion and mystery from the opening chapter to the very end! Sophie Gracewell is on her way home from her job at the family diner when she runs into (literally) Nic Falcone, dark, Hollywood handsome and oh so troubled. He and his brothers have just moved into the neighbourhood’s spooky old house and it’s clear from the beginning that they’re hiding something. But then Sophie’s cupboards too have enough skeletons to form a small rattling army. As Sophie falls in love with Nic, the dark secret that links their families emerges. Love, romance, mystery and adventure are present in equal measure, all conveyed in a series of vivid tableaux, that conclude with an edge of your seat thrilling final scene. ~ Andrea Reece
A Piece of Passion from Barry Cunningham, Publisher This is one of the best movies I’ve ever read. Seriously. From the very beginning Catherine Doyle guides you through those early scenes like a cool director, with awesome pictures-in-words and fantastic dialogue. Then I begin to worry for the girls – and the boys begin to scare me. Then – never mind, you’ll see. Of course this is a book, so we’ll all see our own movies in our heads and that’s great too. Catherine Doyle is impossibly young, wildly talented and Vendetta is a romantic thriller to die for. Oh no, did I really write that?
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sarah Murray, age 16 - 'I flew through this book and am already very greedy for the next book in the series.'
- Destiny Maraj, age 13 - 'a sad, powerful and moving book! I absolutely loved it!'
- Izzy Read, age 14 - 'The perfect modern retake of Romeo and Juliet, with a strong heroine and gorgeously tantalizing love interest; and that’s not even mentioning the fearsome family feud.'
- Stacie Ball - 'A brilliant book about feuding family’s and forbidden love, like a modern day Romeo and Juliet. A great start to a new series.'
- Destiny Maraj, age 13 - ' A sad, powerful and moving book! I absolutely loved it!'
- Louise Kerr - 'I really enjoyed this novel. It has a very different feel from other teenage novels. I would recommend this book to both boys and girls age 13+.'
- Immy Fisher - 'I really enjoyed reading Vendetta, and although in some ways it was like a typical book of its genre, there were plot twists that were very surprising and unexpected which I enjoyed.'
- Ella Grabsky, age 15 - 'I thought the author made a good attempt at making this book different from all the other teenage love stories out there. However, I'm not sure if she succeeded.'
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'I really enjoyed this book it’s a romantic teen novel with a dark twist, it has a good story-line and a witty smart ending.'
Vendetta by Catherine Doyle
When five brothers move into the abandoned mansion next door, Sophie Gracewell's life changes forever. Irresistibly drawn to bad boy Nic Falcone, Sophie finds herself falling into an underworld governed by powerful families. When Sophie's own family skeletons come to life, she must choose between two warring dynasties - the one she was born into, and the one she is falling in love with. When she does, blood will spill and hearts will break...
This is the first in a trilogy.
‘Vendetta brings drama and realism to a dark story of grudges, revenge and passion.’ Alice Oseman, author of Solitaire
About the Author
More books by Catherine Doyle
Chicken House Ltd
1st January 2015
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch