Written by Dan Smith
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
As boys’ own adventures go, Big Game takes some beating! Thirteen year old Oskari sets out into the wilderness of his Finnish homeland as part of an ancient trial of manhood. He’s small, a bit clumsy and no-one expects him to do well, least of all himself. But events take an unexpected and highly dramatic turn: terrorists shoot down Air Force One over Oskari’s forest and it falls to him to save the US president. In a series of explosive adventure scenes, Oskari uses all his survival and hunting skills to prove himself, as the President says, ‘more of a man than anyone else I know’. This exhilarating action-packed story is ideal for anyone who’s ever felt they weren’t good enough, which probably accounts for everyone. Gripping, feel-good adventure. ~ Andrea Reece
A Piece of Passion from Barry Cunningham, Publisher Could you survive in a wilderness? What if you had someone else to look after too? A really important person? Oh, and what if there were a load of bad guys after you both? I loved this story of all-action peril in Finland – and working with the brilliant story by Jalmari Helander and Petri Jokiranta, we asked Dan Smith to write a novel that bought the film and characters to life on the page. It’s a totally cracking thriller and you won’t be able to stop for breath . . . Watch out!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review a sample pamphlet of this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 11 - 'an amazing book! I recomend this book to any one.'
- Calum, age 11 - 'A great gripping book a definet recommend, well done Dan Smith.'
- Rory Faulkner, age 9 - 'This book was amazing and I couldn't put it down, and I'm now going to search out more books by Dan Smith.'
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'The characters were brilliant and were portrayed well . The plot was excellent and kept you engaged. I would give this book five out of five stars.'
- Kurt Simpson, age 10 - 'Dan Smith is one of the best authors of the 21st century, and he has written a piece of magic! In my opinion he is one of the best writers ever. This book in three words; Danger, Action, Survival!' '
- Isaac, age 10 - 'A thrilling mix between tradition and the modern world, this gripping book will keep adventure addicts glued to the page. Giving parents a break.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A really gripping, action packed story which takes place over a period of just 24 exhilarating hours. Fantastic!' '
- Ollie Wright, age 8 - 'An adventurous book, for adventurous people!'
- Abraham Fisher, age 12 - 'If you are looking for an adventure book, this is the book to get, ‘Big Game’ is an amazingly written book with an extremely fast pace.'
- Lucie Harrison , age 12 - 'Big Game is a perfect choice for fans of Alex Rider and other Anthony Horowitz novels.'
- Isabel Kardos-Stowe, age 10 - 'I really enjoyed this book because it was different to anything that I had read before. It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through.'
- Oliver Knight, age 10 - 'The book is a great action packed novel full of mystery and surprises...the way the author tells you about what is happening is truly amazing.'
- Hannah Baer, age 11 - 'I thought that the book was okay but it got a bit boring.'
Big Game by Dan Smith
13-year-old Oskari is sent into the cold wilderness on an ancient test of manhood. He must survive armed only with a bow and arrow. But instead, he stumbles upon an escape pod from a burning airliner: Air Force One. Terrorists have shot down the President of the United States. The boy hunter and the world's most powerful man are suddenly the hunted, in a race against a deadly enemy.
Find out more about the movie www.facebook.com/BigGameMovie
About the Author
More books by Dan Smith
Author's Facebook Latest
Chicken House Ltd
1st January 2015
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12