I Was Here
Written by Gayle Forman
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
February 2015 Book of the Month Best-selling Gayle Forman’s I Was Here explores the complicated repercussions of suicide on all those who are left behind. Cody and Meg have been best friends forever. Surely they have no secrets between them? But when Cody receives an email from Meg describing the horrific way she has just taken her own life she begins a journey of discovery that shows her just how little she knew her friend. Cody travels to Meg’s university to collect all her belongings and begins to unravel small leads – including an encrypted file- which bring her to knowing and understanding her friend better.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sarah Murray, age 16 - ' Tragically beautiful - Gayle Forman has handled this delicate subject perfectly and has written another fantastic novel.'
- Ella Grabsky, age 15 - 'Couldn't put it down until I had read the very last sentence. Excellent.'
- Amy Laws, age 13 - 'I love all of Gayle Foreman's books and this was no exception. It was a beautifully told and touching story, and it really moved me.'
- Imogen Fisher - 'The book was based around a very difficult subject, suicide, and I think it was dealt with very effectively, helping you understand the topic in a different way...Overall it was an incredible book!'
- Edel Waugh - 'I recommend this to anyone who wants a really good page turner that will leave you with a lump in your throat.'
- Jenny Smart, age 12 - 'I really enjoyed this good book and would recommend it for anyone from age 12 upwards. A great read!'
- Ayesha Ali, age 16 - 'I Was Here follows a story about suicide, a delicate topic that is prudent in today’s society. Gayle Forman does this storyline justice by writing such a memorable novel.'
- Stacie - 'I Was Here isn't short of endearing characters and heart wrenching moments. Centered around the guilt and resentment of a young girl whose best friend opts out. Gayle Forman does it again.'
- Esmé Molloy, age 14 - 'Enchanting and deep and gripping all at once. Since the movie release of If I Stay, Gayle Forman has become a known name. This book yet again shows us why.'
- Clíona, age 16 - 'I can't fully convey in words how much I absolutely loved this book.'
- Madi Campbell - '"I Was Here" is a heart breaking book which should be read by all teenagers. It is an amazing read which will be thoroughly enjoyed, I don't think anyone would regret buying this moving novel.'
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
This characteristically powerful novel follows eighteen-year-old Cody Reynolds in the months following her best friend's shocking suicide. As Cody numbly searches for answers as to why Meg took her own life, she begins a journey of self-discovery which takes her to a terrifying precipice, and forces her to question not only her relationship with the Meg she thought she knew, but her own understanding of life, love, death and forgiveness.
From the bestselling author of If I Stay - now a YA blockbuster film.
Praise for If I Stay:
‘Will strike a chord with teenagers and the young at heart. Read it, as they say, and weep’ Daily Mail
‘Impossible to put down’ The Bookseller
‘A compulsive read’ Jacqueline Wilson
‘A wonderful, beautiful book; so gripping, so wise and oh, so heart-breakingly painful’ Carmen Reid
‘You know you’ve picked up something special’ The Bookbag
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Gayle Forman
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
29th January 2015
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods