A Whisper of Wolves
Written by Kris Humphrey
Part of the Guardians of the Wild Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
The Lovereading4Kids comment
March 2015 Debut of the Month Rich in atmosphere, this is a powerful story set in a timeless world. Alice has a gift; she is a Whisperer with a special understanding of the wild and therefore a duty to protect everything that lives in it. Alice and her faithful wolf companion Storm can sense threats to their kingdom Medina that no one else believe in. They know there is something evil deep in the forest – they can feel it’s presence. Will they have the power to see off the threat to nature and to save everything they care about?
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Rachel Ilsley, age 11 - 'this is a very good book and I can’t wait till the next one comes out.'
- Daisy Pritchard-Williams, age 10 - 'I highly recommend this book for girls who like outdoors, magic and adventure!'
- Rebecca, age 10 - 'This was a really exciting fantasy tale with some very strong female characters. I enjoyed the way animals and humans worked together to defeat evil.'
- William Longlands, age 11 - 'I would read the sequel as it ends on a slight cliffhanger.'
- Louise Whalley - 'A really lovely and a heartfelt story.'
- Sophie Bridges, age 12 - 'I think that the whisper of wolves by Kris Humprey is a really good book and that it would be good for an 10-12 year old that like adventure books.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'This is a really exciting tale about a girl called Alice who has an extraordinary power to speak to wolves.'
- Alex Hall, age 9 - 'The story was about a person who is trying to save a kingdom from shape shifters. The main character Alice could speak to wolves by thought and whispering. This story captured my imagination.'
A Whisper of Wolves by Kris Humphrey
When a raven drops a white feather at the doorstep on the day of your birth, it is a symbol of your destiny. You are a Whisperer - a guardian of the wild. After many years of peace in the kingdom of Meridina, rumours are spreading of a planned invasion - could the demonic Narlaw be returning from the darklands? It is up to the Whisperers and their animal companions to defend Meridina, protect Princess Ona and stop the Narlaw from destroying their world. When hunters from her village disappear without a trace, Alice suspects that something sinister is at work. With the help of Storm, her wolf companion, Alice fights to save her village. The Narlaw are on the attack and it's up to the Whisperers to stop them...
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Kris Humphrey
Stripes Publishing an imprint of Little Tiger Press Group
2nd March 2015
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East