Imagination According to Humphrey
Written by Betty G. Birney
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Children’s favourite Humphrey the hamster is back for another adventure, his twelfth no less. The good news is that he’s just as delightful as ever, his school-hamster-eye view of the world just as funny and generous. Humphrey gets to listen in on all the children’s lessons from his cage in the corner, and is particularly excited at the thought of trying some creative writing. It’s not easy, but he perseveres; trips home with children for the weekend providing him with lots of ideas. By the end of the book, his imagination is working overtime, the BEST-BEST-BEST feeling in the world! These sweet and easy to read little stories have much to recommend them: Humphrey is a real character and there are little moral messages slipped in with the animal fun. ~ Andrea Reece
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'I really enjoyed reading this story and look forward to reading about Humphreys other adventures.'
- Jemima Wilcox, age 10 - 'There some bad secrets, some good secrets, and some very badly kept ones! You will like this book if you like hamsters.'
- Alexander Bisland,age 8 - 'I recommend this to 7+ readers who are adventurers and who want to laugh their socks off...I give this book 10/10 especially because of Humphrey’s Secret Scribbles which made me want to read more!'
- Jessica McKenna, Year 3 - 'This was my first Humphrey book but it won't be my last. I found Humphrey very funny and entertaining.'
- Jenny Bridgeman, age 8 - 'This was a really lovely book, short chapters, an engaging main character and lots to learn about Egypt. It was a really good read!!'
- Elspeth Paterson, age 9 - 'I really loved this comical book about a little hamster named Humphrey. It shows even wee hamsters have to keep humungous secrets from their best friends.'
- Faye Dawson, age 8 - 'To all Humphrey fans, you should read this book, especially if you like secrets and surprises...'
- Hannah Pendell, age 9 - 'Ssshhh! can you keep a secret? Secrets according to Humphrey is fantastic book! Secret clubs are going on in the classroom, Egypt projects ruined and way to many secrets!'
- Evie Young, age 8 - 'If you've read other Humphrey books you will like this one too, it is full of adventures and secrets.'
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This is the latest adventure of Humphrey, a classroom pet hamster who has adventures when he escapes from his cage. It is a really funny book as Humphrey understands what humans are saying but they don't understand him.'
- Daniel Hirsh, age 10 - 'The hamster, Humphrey is really clever, he lives in Room Twenty-Six and watches everything that happens in the class, including the things which the teacher doesn't notice.'
- Matilda Greenacre, age 7 - 'This book continues Humphreys adventures in Room 26, as the class hamster. This time the book is all about ancient Egypt.'
Imagination According to Humphrey by Betty G. Birney
Everyone's favourite hamster has another adventure in Room 26 and beyond! In this eleventh book in the bestselling 'According to Humphrey' series, Humphrey and his friends in Room 26 let their imaginations loose! Ahead of a big author visit to Longfellow Elementary School, they try writing their own stories, but Humphrey worries that hamsters don't have any imagination; he's finding creative writing just too hard. While he helps out his friends in Room 26, and the new school pet Gigi, a guinea pig, Humphrey encounters real, live parrots, dragons and even ghosts ...and finally manages to let his imagination soar.
About the Author
Betty G. Birney
More books by Betty G. Birney
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
5th February 2015
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk