Flesh and Blood
Written by Simon Cheshire
Part of the Red Eye Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This creepy story is a great addition to the Red Eye horror series for teens. Sam moves into a new neighbourhood when his family come into some money. Everything looks lovely, but on their very first night in their new house a man is brutally murdered only yards away. There are more reports of missing people and it’s soon clear to Sam that under the shiny surface lurks something very nasty indeed. He’s determined to expose what’s going on, but things don’t go according to plan. The ending will provoke a satisfying shudder in readers! ~ Andrea Reece
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'Mixed feelings on this book. Glad I read it but extremely extremely gruesome and made me feel sick to the stomach.'
- Lauren Coffman, age 15 - 'This book was thoroughly engaging and exciting...I would absolutely recommend this book, though not if you don’t like gore and horror.'
- Khadijah Ahmed - 'Warning: This Book Is Not For The Faint Hearted! mystery, thrills, chills and trauma, topped off with a brilliant ending that makes you want to bash your head against a wall and scream, "WHY!?" to the heavens, but in a good way.'
- Izzy Read, age 14 - 'I have read a couple of horror books in my time and the have all recklessly gripped me, making me finish them within 48 hours; Flesh and Blood was no exception!'
- Edel Waugh - 'Fantastic book! Part of a brilliant series by Red Eye.'
- Amanda Gray, age 20 - 'Cheshire's talent at crafting the horrifying that was in Flesh and Blood was completely addictive. I was freaked out, silent screaming and amazed at his gruesome scenes. It was absolutely brilliant.'
- Michelle Toy, age 34 - 'Flesh and Blood took the scares and in this case gore up another notch on the heart rate meter! If I only knew that this book would draw me in as much as it did, scare me to death reading late at night!'
Flesh and Blood by Simon Cheshire
I must record the facts that have led me to where I am now. So that, when someone reads this, they understand. Sam Hunter's neighbours are pillars of the community, the most influential people in town. But they're liars too. The Greenhills are hiding something and Sam's determined to find out what it is. As his investigation unfolds, he realizes the lies reach further than he ever imagined - is there anyone he can trust? Uncovering the horror is one thing ...escaping is another. A chilling new story in the Red Eye series.
Flesh and Blood is one in a new horror series for teens called Red Eye giving the gruesome and ghastly a contemporary makeover. Check out the brilliantly chilling novel Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell and Sleepless by Lou Morgan also from the Red Eye series.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Simon Cheshire
Stripes Publishing an imprint of Little Tiger Press Group
2nd March 2015
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High