Woozy the Wizard: A Broom to Go Zoom
Written by Elli Woollard
Illustrated by Al Murphy
Part of the Woozy the Wizard Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Told in fun, jaunty rhyme and accompanied by bright and cheerful illustrations reminiscent of Meg and Mog, children will fall in love with the accident prone wizard and his stoic pink sidekick. Perfect for emerging readers starting to read for themselves, or lovely to read aloud, this series is a must-have addition to every family’s bookshelf.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first Woozy the Wizard title, A Spell To get Well. You can read their reviews below.
- Alex Golding, age 4 - 'It's funny. Delightful. Fantastic rhyming story that allows children to join in. We loved Woozy!' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 7 - 'I like the book because it’s hilarious, easy to read and it rhymes. Also, the pictures are really colourful.' Read full review >
- Gabriella Chatham, age 7 - 'Laugh out loud fun...The pictures in this book are really well done and bright and colourful.' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'A simple tale about a wizard and his efforts to cure a village.' Read full review >
- Martha Cox, age 5 - 'It's a really funny story. I liked it a lot.' Read full review >
- Emma Johnson, age 4 - 'I thought this book was brilliant! I love the wizard and the pictures are really funny.' Read full review >
- Emma's mum - 'This was a great book to read together - we always love a good rhyming story, and trying to guess the last word.' Read full review >
- Robert Anderson, age 4 - 'Very silly and funny story...The illustrations are bright and cheerful, a perfect complement to the text itself.' Read full review >
- Hannah Bedforth, age 7 - 'Woozy makes me laugh out loud.' Read full review >
- James McNichol, age 4 - 'My son thought this book was brilliant. He particularly liked the line “spots on their bots”, and laughed every time we read it.' Read full review >
- Georgie Newman, age 6 - 'Brilliant book. I like that it has pictures but also not baby writing...Woozy is a good and brave wizard. He helped everyone get well even though he didn't know he was doing it.' Read full review >
Woozy the Wizard: A Broom to Go Zoom by Elli Woollard
In the faraway village of Snottington Sneeze Lived a wizened old wizard with knocketty knees. Woozy the Wizard loves his old broom - not too small, not too big - but it is a little rusty. So when he spies a Shiny New Shop with Hoovers he can't believe his luck! If only he could make his new hoover go zoom...
Praise for A Spell to Get Well:
‘Lots of humour, great rhythm and rhyme…and clear, bright and colourful illustrations all add up to a lovely book perfect to give to your emerging reader.’ Playing by the Book
‘Elli’s new series of rhyming stories for Faber and Faber are a delight.’ Read it Daddy!
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Elli Woollard
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
5th March 2015
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch