Wigglesbottom Primary: The Toilet Ghost
Written by Pamela Butchart
Illustrated by Becka Moor
Part of the Wigglesbottom Primary Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Welcome to Wigglesbottom Primary and the first book in what should become a very popular series for new readers. There are three stories here, each one describing the kind of event that all primary school children will be familiar with, but turning them into wild and very funny adventures. So, a broken tap in the boys’ loos becomes the story of the Toilet Ghost, while an ant farm unadvisedly brought in for Show and Tell results in the Curse of the Itchy Carpet. The stories capture the fun of primary school exactly and are perfectly pitched for their audience. The design and layout too is particularly appealing, and Becka Moor’s lively illustrations add to the fun. ~ Andrea Reece
Kirsty from Nosy Crow says: “These stories are a hoot from start to finish, and Becka Moor’s illustrations bring out the brilliance brilliantly. A joy for anyone who’s ever sat on an itchy story-time carpet. And who hasn’t?"
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Daniel Bisland, age 7 - 'Becka Moor and Pamela Butchart - please write more books in the series as I love them!'
- Caitlin Hill, age 7 - 'This book made me giggle. I wish I could to Wigglesbottom Primary, although I would not want to meet the toilet ghost!'
- Monty Benton, age 7 - 'This book is really fun and made me and my mum and sister laugh. It is three short stories all about children at school.'
- Rachel Zinkin, age 8 - 'very funny and quite silly.'
- Harry Steel, age 8 - 'I loved this story- it was hilarious and fun to read.'
- Erica, age 8 - 'A hilarious story that made me laugh out loud.'
- Iulia, age 7 - 'The story was very funny! I read it in one whole go!'
- Bethany (age 8) & Rebecca (age 5) Urquhart - 'It was very funny and had good illustrations. Most of the things in it were realistic so it would be easy to imagine.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A collection of three brilliantly funny short stories set in the anything-can-happen Wigglesbottom Primary. I loved it!'
- Jorge Kearsey, age 7 - 'A funny and mischievous book which I would definitely recommend to my friends for a giggle.'
- Evie Aconley, age 8 - 'A very funny entertaining three story in one book!'
- Elspeth Paterson, age 10 - 'The three stories in The Toilet Ghost are short but hilarious. Illustrated fantastically throughout, many words aren't always necessary. A must for all ages.'
- Charlie Hopkins, age 7 - 'I like the spooky green colour of the illustrations that they used - it made it scarier....Very good.'
- Leoni Williams, age 9 - 'This book is very, very funny. It's three stories all in one book and they're all about funny things that happen in school.'
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 11 - 'Laugh your socks off with class 2R!'
Wigglesbottom Primary: The Toilet Ghost by Pamela Butchart
Life at Wigglesbottom Primary is often lived on the edge. A class talent show becomes a thing of great mystery and intrigue, when it turns out that Jacob Barry's stinky shoe can PREDICT THE FUTURE! Or filled with peril when the boys' toilets become HAUNTED! And then there's the CURSE that lives in the story-time carpet and gives everyone ANTS IN THEIR PANTS...
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Pamela Butchart
Nosy Crow Ltd
4th March 2015
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10