Written by Brandon Robshaw
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
April 2015 Debut of the Month Lucky Sam – he makes a wish on a shooting star and it comes true. What’s more, the wish was for one million wishes. Wish rich, Sam can sort out everything that’s wrong in his life, and the world, and surely have lots of fun too. This short, snappy novel is a real page-turner, Sam and his friend Evan are very likeable characters, and Sam’s wishes, mostly well-meaning, some just daft, others positively foolhardy, make for very entertaining reading. And, as the story unfolds, readers will see that getting everything you’ve ever wanted isn’t nearly as much fun as you’d think, while solving the world’s problems is surprisingly complicated. ~ Andrea Reece
A Piece of Passion from Barry Cunningham, Publisher, Chicken House Make a wish! And another! And another! And another! What could go wrong? Well, maybe getting what you wish for doesn’t always turn out to be what you really want. Brandon Robshaw tries it all out in his funny and rather revealing story of the boy who has it all. Here I go, I wish for . . . Oh, no, I didn’t mean it! Urghh!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Ross Dawson, age 11 - 'I waited for a long time to read this book, but it was worth it and I finished it in a day. My hands couldn't stop turning the pages.'
- Isaac, age 11 - 'I loved this book because every page made me laugh, as the silly wishes Sam and Evan dreamed up were hilarious!'
- Isabelle Preston, age 10 - 'I liked this book because it has so much imagination and some philosophical bits.'
- Sarah-Jane Ryan - 'Funny, imaginative adventure that shows how good intentions don’t always work out how you imagined even if you have the power of a million wishes at your disposal.'
- Grace Cuskeran, age 11 - 'an amazing adventure story about a boy called Sam who makes a wish on a shooting star for a million wishes...a brilliant adventure story and so exciting.'
- Alex Hall, age 9 - 'A boy sees a shooting star and he makes a wish for a million wishes. His wish comes true...The story is funny and I liked it a lot.'
- Thomas Greenan, age 9 - 'If you like real life funny fiction then you will like this.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'Sam gets a million wishes when he wishes on a shooting star. He uses some of them wisely but soon learns that it isn't easy to use that many wishes. I really enjoyed this book. Highly recommend!'
- Rohan Delamere, age 9 - 'An awesomely funny book about a boy who gets what he wants…and a little bit more!'
- Joshua Zinkin, age 10 - 'This book is very funny. I read it quickly because I wanted to find out what was going to happen next.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A million wishes is a lot but they don’t always turn out as you expect in this funny story. What would you wish for?'
- Ethan Blease, age 9 - 'I thought this was a very well-written, hilarious book. I enjoyed it non-stop from beginning to end.'
- Isaac Miller, age 9 - 'This is a masterpiece from the imagination. If you haven't purchased this book yet you are missing out on one of the greatest stories in the whole of children's literature!'
- Cameron Lobban, age 10 - 'Beware what you wish for! I loved this book and found it funny. Every wish was better to read than the last.'
Big Wish by Brandon Robshaw
Eleven-year-old Sam has a problem. Well, quite a few problems. So when he sees a shooting star, he naturally wishes on it - for a million wishes. Of course, he doesn't expect the wish to come true, but somehow it does. Sam has fun experimenting with wishes - he can change anything he wants. But then he discovers that changing stuff has consequences he hadn't anticipated. And what's the point of doing anything, if you can just wish for it and make it happen?
About the Author
More books by Brandon Robshaw
Chicken House Ltd
2nd April 2015
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15