The Hangman's Revolution
Written by Eoin Colfer
Part of the WARP Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
April 2015 Book of the Month Best-selling Eoin Colfer gives readers a thrilling and action-packed new episode in his series of titles about Chevie Savano, a time travelling FBI agent. Chevie can use her time travel to save the past and change the future. Chevie has been back into the past before. This time she is trying to save the past from an attack with weapons using lethal technology from the future. Can Chevie save the day?
In addition to our own expert comments on the WARP series we also have some great reviews from our reader review panel members for the first title in the series, THE RELUCTANT ASSASSIN.You can read their comments below or click here for the full review.
- Pearse Kelly age 12 - 'I love Eoin Colfer’s books and this is another great story, it is fast moving and exciting and I would recommend it to both boys and girls.'
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'Their adventure is fast paced, action packed and unpredictable. It's an explosive journey through time which you'll love!
- Jamie, age 12 - 'A great novel filled to the brim with twists and turn which keep the storyline exciting to the very last page.'
- Emily age 12 - 'This is an amazing book. I loved it because the author Eoin Colfer incorporates different genres within one storyline.'
- Sean Prior age 12 - 'The idea of this Victorian boy travelling though time is mind blowing when I heard about this book I didn’t know what to expect but this book is a must read go and buy it NOW…'
- Lucy Minton, age 9 - 'It is a brilliant book and if you like Artemis Fowl you’ll love this book.'
- Alex Greatorex age 12 - 'W.A.R.P is the best book I have ever read it is full of adventure with one character trying to outwit another.'
- Freya Moore, age 10 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed it.'
- Chloe, age 11 - 'There is nothing in this book that I don’t like. I like EVERYTHING about it.'
- Aimee Sweet, age 11 - 'As I entered Eoin Colfer’s world of action and adventure once again in this amazing new book Warp I found myself gazing in wonder at the mysteries yet to solve in the plot of this fabulous story, so I suggest you enter the world of Warp yourself!. As well as writing reviews for Lovereading Aimee has her own book review website - The Sweet Review.
The Hangman's Revolution by Eoin Colfer
The Matrix meets Oliver Twist! WARP: The Hangman's Revolution is the second book in a major new series by Eoin Colfer, the bestselling author of Artemis Fowl.
F.B.I. Agent Chevie Savano is trapped in a nightmare. Unless she can return to 19th-century London and change the course of history, millions will die. Luckily she has Riley the boy magician and a Victorian gangster with lovely hair to help her battle two crazed villains, who have brought the military technology of the future back in time - with potentially disastrous consequences. The stakes are higher than the hangman's noose and only Chevie can save the day. Assuming she can avoid being killed by a couple of psycho warrior-nuns first..
'Colfer has the ability to make you laugh twice over: first in sheer subversive joy at the inventiveness of the writing, and again at the energy of the humour'
'Readers mourning the end of the Artemis Fowl series can take heart: this first book in the time-bending WARP series is an all-out blast.' Publishers Weekly
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Eoin Colfer
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
2nd April 2015
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi