Catch Your Death
Written by Lauren Child
Part of the Ruby Redfort Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
May 2015 Book of the Month There’s a real vogue for girl detectives at the moment, but Ruby Redfort is far and away the smartest, and Lauren Child’s books easily the most stylishly written. This is Ruby’s third outing, and the thirteen-year old undercover agent is on a survival mission in the wilderness. She’s done all her homework, of course, but coping with nature calls for more than just knowing the facts: Ruby must learn to follow her instincts too. A sophisticated, sassy adventure that invites readers to work out the plot puzzles alongside Ruby, this is perfect for bright young readers. There’s no-one quite like Ruby – as she would say, “You better believe it, Buster!” ~ Andrea Reece
The Good Book Guide Review. Thirteen-year-old Ruby Redfort is a gutsy heroine, an undercover agent and code-cracker, experienced at solving the oddest mysteries. But when rare and dangerous beasts are released into the streets of Twinford, it might be more than even Ruby can manage to make it out alive. (Ages 8-11)
~ The Good Book Guide
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Heather Greenan, age 10 - 'Great for kids who love adventure and mystery in a book!'
- Adiella Norridge, age 10 - 'A brilliant book of adventures and thrills, an exciting addition to the Ruby Redfort series.'
- Imogen Fisher, age 13 - 'the book was very good, well written, and different to other books I have read.'
- Daisy Robinson-Beesley, age 14 - 'I love this series as it really allows me to relate to an exciting topic! All in all this is one of the best books I have ever read and I have been quick to recommend it to all my friends!'
- Imogen Bartin, age 9 - 'Really exiting, once I got my head stuck into it I couldn’t get it out!'
- Lucy Minton, age 10 - 'A great adventure story perfect for any would be spy...This book is amazing. I loved it.'
- Maddy Faulkner, age 11 - 'This is a funny and wild book – you meet a host of characters; some who will make you laugh, others who will make you shiver and a few you empathise with.'
- Daisy Pritchard-Williams, age 10 - 'I really liked the Ruby Redfort book because it was really exciting...I thought it was a really good book.'
- Hannah Baer, age 10 - 'This book is really exciting because it has lots of action and is really funny.'
- Jennifer Bridgeman, age 9 - 'Jen was breathless reading this latest adventure featuring Ruby Redfort and her trusty sidekick, Clancy Crew. Does not disappoint!'
- Ella Day, age 11 - 'captures your mind and transports you into a world that you could never imagine.'
- Jessica Loxton - 'I thought the book was good.'
Catch Your Death by Lauren Child
The third book in the ice-cool Ruby Redfort series, by multi-million-copy bestselling author Lauren Child. This time, tigers are roaming the streets of Twinford, and it looks like someone has deliberately released some very rare and very dangerous animals. Things are going to get wild - and Ruby is going to get badly lost in the wilderness. The question is: will she ever make it out alive? Well, as always, you wouldn't want to bet against her...
Enter Ruby’s World: www.rubyredfort.com
Praise for the Ruby Redfort series:
“The new Ruby Redfort book is utterly exceptionordinarily brilliant” – Clarice Bean
"Lauren Child has put imagination and fun back into the real worlds of childhood" - Julia Eccleshare, Guardian
“A cracking first adventure… This is a marvellous romp of a book, packed with action, villains, eccentric and embarrassing parents, superb gadgets and some perplexing codes” – Daily Mail
“witty and stylish” – Observer
“what more could adventure-loving girls want?” Sunday Times
“Ripping fun – like Clarice Bean meets Tintin” Junior
“Ms. Child’s appealing wiseacre tone keeps the mood buoyant throughout, even when it looks as if Ruby herself may be…toast.” — Wall Street Journal
“Funny and action-packed.” –Publishers Weekly
"cool, punchy, stylish" - Sun
"a cracking adventure" - Mail
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Lauren Child
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
7th May 2015
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale