Written by Phil Earle
Part of the A Storey Street Novel Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
May 2015 MEGA Book of the Month Jake Biggs’s dad works in demolition. All week long he knocks down buildings from the cockpit of his crane, but at weekends he becomes Demolition Man, twenty stone of Man Mountain in a leotard, the best wrestler in town – and Jake couldn’t be prouder! There’s just one thing that upsets him – his dad wants it kept a secret. But when the opportunity arises to enter his dad into an international wrestling competition, Jake can’t resist. While Demolition Dad unashamedly plugs the many delights of wrestling - and could well inspire a whole new army of fans - it is really a book about love, in particular the love between a boy and his dad. A warm, funny and genuinely touching story of family relationships, in a lycra wrapping. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sidney Greenslade, age 11 - 'a really good book full of great characters and a showstopping plot...I loved the original and unusual theme. It was a lot of fun to read and I couldn't put it down!'
- Danny Belton, age 9 - 'This was different from what I had read before and I enjoyed it lots.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'This has a bit of everything in it for everyone. A great all-rounder with a big heart.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'I really like this book as it’s funny and imaginative...I recommend this book for 9 and up, and I rate it five star.'
- Hattie Benton, age 9 - ' I enjoyed the book and it was easy to read but I do think it is aimed at boys more than girls (and any fans of wrestling).'
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'This is a great book for wrestling fans aged 8+ and for readers who love action and long stories! I highly recommend this book and I give it 101/100.'
- William Longlands, age 11 - '9/10 - I really liked this book but in some places it was a bit repetitive. If this was not the case it would have been a 10/10.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'This book was a really good read. There were funny bits, sad bits and also a bit of a moral hidden in the story about not playing on building sites!'
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
Demolition Dad by Phil Earle
This is the story of Jake Biggs and his dad, George. George spends all week knocking down buildings ...and all weekend knocking down wrestlers. He's the Demolition Man, and Jake couldn't be prouder. But when Jake hears about a pro-wrestling competition in the USA, and persuades his beloved dad to apply, things don't quite turn out the way he expected...This is Danny the Champion of the World in Spandex, a hilarious, warm-hearted story from a talented writer.
‘Phil "BOOKCRUSHER" Earle has written one, funny, fabulous, pile driving BLAST of a book.
(Read it in Lycra for full wrestling experience.)’ Liz Pichon, author of Tom Gates
'Sara Ogilvie’s beautifully drawn illustrations add real life and humour…’ David Tazzyman, illustrator of Mr Gum
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Phil Earle
Orion Children's Books an imprint of Hachette Children's Group
7th May 2015
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15