Written by Frank Cottrell Boyce
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Comic and cosmic, this is a roller coaster adventure that takes Liam Digby up into space with a handful of other children and their parents. It’s an hilarious journey of discovery as Liam hurtles around the world finding out exactly what makes children and adults different.
The Lovereading Comment: This is the eagerly awaited third novel from an author who has already won and been shortlisted for numerous prestigious awards including the Carnegie with his debut novel Millions and his second novel Framed. This latest triumph is both bittersweet and hilariously down-to-earth. It’s a heart-warming exploration of a father-son relationship in a world where everyone wants to grow up fast, and then stay young forever. A wonderful story about life’s ups and downs.
Kids love to read and so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read their full reviews.
- Sidney Greenslade, age 13 - 'Cosmic is an exciting, funny and clever book about a normal boy who's very above-average height leaves him and his friends in danger... in deep, dark, space!'
- Holly Wilkins, age 13 - 'I liked this book because it was funny and 'outside the box'. It's a quick and easy read filled with humour, so read this book!'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 11 - 'A really funny book about a 12 year old boy who is tall for his age and is mistaken for an adult. He pretends to be an adult but it's not as easy as he thinks. I will read more from this author. 10/10.'
- Finn Rix-Clancy, age 13 - 'Cosmic is a fun book, I really enjoyed it and give it 4 stars out of 5.'
- Rose spear, age 11 - 'Liam is an ordinary twelve year old boy but how on earth did he end up orbiting the moon? Find out in this amazing book full of adventure and excitement.'
- Olivia Shaw, age 10 - 'Cosmic is a brilliant book. It’s full of adventure and excitement. All the way through, I just never knew what would happen next!'
- Stephanie Chaplin, age 12 - 'I loved reading Cosmic and it is definitely one of the best books I have ever read!'
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce
It's one giant leap for all boy-kind in Frank Cottrell Boyce's out-of-this-world story: Cosmic. Liam is too big for his boots. And his football strip. And his school blazer. But being super-sized height-wise has its advantages: he's the only eleven-year-old to ever ride the G-force-defying Cosmic rollercoaster - or to be offered the chance to drive a Porsche. Long-legged Liam makes a giant leap for boy-kind by competing with a group of adults for the chance to go into space. Is Liam the best boy for the job? Sometimes being big isn't all about being a grown-up. Includes bonus material and discussion questions from Frank Cottrell Boyce, and illustrations by Steven Lenton.
Funny, engaging and in the end rather moving. -- Charlie Higson Guardian
A writer of comic genius - he has something of Roald Dahl's magic, but more heart. -- Sunday Telegraph
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
Frank Cottrell Boyce
More books by Frank Cottrell Boyce
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan an imprint of Pan Macmillan
26th March 2015
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch