Written by Graham Marks
Part of the Red Eye Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Suspend disbelief and throw yourself into an action packed, creepy tale. 16 year old Gabe finds himself on the wrong side of an ambitious drug dealer in Los Angeles and life takes an even sharper turn for the worse when he wakens a menacing, murdering apparition, obsessed with locating what has been lost. The author doesn't always explain every action or reaction, he allows the story to race ahead, maintaining suspense and encouraging the readers own imagination to run riot. Highlighting friendship and loyalty, ‘Bad Bones’ also proves that it can sometimes be very difficult to repair a wrong and initiate a right. Surrender to the story as it tears off into the realms of scary fantasy, but DON’T whatever you do, surrender to the sinister evil that has surfaced and refuses to die. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Catherine Bryce - 'A thrilling book that has you sitting on the edge of your chair with suspense and excitement.'
- Russ Pasquill - 'The story never lulls and I read this in a matter of hours. Bad Bones will have you riveted from start to finish.'
- Jake Brown - 'Fast pace young adults book, remember not all that you find may turn to gold - it may haunt you.'
- Lorraine Baker - 'fast paced and easy to read - Will suit teenagers and adults alike.'
- Destiny Maraj - 'a great read, however I found it quite frightening and I don't think it would be suitable for the faint hearted. '
- Lorraine Blencoe - 'I absolutely loved the premise of this book, a 16 year old uncovering buried treasure and awakening the dead. But, for me and my 14 year old daughter, it just didn't live up to the expectation.'
- Edel Waugh - 'if you like a creepy book , this is just the book for you!'
- Ieva Galinauskaite - 'I really enjoyed reading this book and following Gabe’s journey in helping his family.'
- Sarah Smith - 'An action packed book about a boy who runs into alsorts of trouble just so he can help his family.'
- Susan Keaney - 'Graham Marks' Bad Bones takes the reader of an unsettling and dark journey with Gabe - one single decision can change your life.'
- Ceri Forster - 'Not too great on characterisation, and the plot was a bit farfetched, but very pacey with lots of action to keep you reading. Quick and easy for younger adult readers.'
- Lola Bridgeman - 'The story was interesting enough for me to go to the end of the book but the dialogue was trite and characters thinly developed. Love Red Eye,this book, not so much.'
- Ieva Galinauskaite, age 14 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book and following Gabe’s journey in helping his family. I would rate this book five starts out of five and would recommend this book to a friend.'
- Michelle Toy - 'A great addition to the Red Eye Series! Go grab a copy! But make sure it's not guarded by some ancient bones!'
Bad Bones by Graham Marks
Gabe is feeling the pressure. His family has money troubles, he's hardly talking to his dad, plus lowlife Benny is on his case. Needing some space to think, he heads off into the hills surrounding LA. And he suddenly stumbles across a secret that will change everything. A shallow grave. Gabe doesn't think twice about taking the gold bracelet he finds buried there. Even from the clutches of skeletal hands. But he has no idea what he's awakening...
About the Author
Interest Age: From 13
More books by Graham Marks
Stripes Publishing an imprint of Little Tiger Press Group
4th May 2015
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley