Galactic Hotdogs: Cosmoe's Wiener Getaway
Written by Max Brallier
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A Reader Review Panel Pick of the Year 2015 - chosen by Alexander Bisland, aged 10 To describe Cosmoe Wiener’s adventures as action-packed is a bit like calling a red giant star quite big. With titles such as Black Hole Joystick Battle Heroes each of the book’s short chapters is a crack-a-lacking ding dong of daring or daft exploits as Earth boy Cosmoe and his friend Humphree career across the galaxy in their spaceship-cum-fast-food-stall. Laid out almost like a graphic novel with cartoon strips, full page illustrations, speech bubbles etc. this will hook young readers from the very beginning and keep them turning the pages. Already a hit with kids on Funbrain.com Galactic Hot Dogs is set to be massive. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Emily Lonsdale, age 9 - 'Fabulous book, full of fun and excitement.'
- Ross Dawson, age 11 - 'If you are a big fan of comic strips, then you will love this book, because virtually every page is full of amazing illustrations!'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'This book is awesome. I would read it over and over again. If you like Captain Underpants and comic strip books, you will probably love this!'
- Rohan Delamere, age 9 ½ - 'A quick fun and adventurous read-and a little bit crazy!!!!'
- Jordon Poet, Age 11 - 'I really enjoyed this book. My favourite was Cosmoe because he went on cool adventures with his robot friend and it brightened up my holiday.'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'Join Cosmoe and Humphree on a heart stopping adventure in the middle of the Galaxy. Cosmoe and Humphree are making a huge hot dog the size of a jeep to enter the biggest food contest in the Universe.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Totally unique and hilarious, I devoured it in a couple of hours and was completely glued from the first page to the last. It’s one of the funniest adventures I’ve ever read.'
- Marcus Chatfield, age 10 - 'I felt as if these adventures were happening to me!'
- Cara Anderson, age 10 - 'Galactic Hotdogs is a very good book! It is very exciting.'
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'Cosmoe, Humphree and the Princess’s adventure continues with THE LOST TRIANGLE, ZOMBIE SPACE PIRATES and the ULTIMATE EVIL...If you are intrigued and want to know more, you’ll need to read the book!'
Galactic Hotdogs: Cosmoe's Wiener Getaway by Max Brallier
Cosmoe was just your average, adventure-seeking 13-year-old orphan back on Earth, until the strange night he was yanked into space. Now he's got all the adventure he craved and more aboard the Neon Wiener ~ part spaceship, part food truck ~ selling their trademarked dish of 'Galactic Hot Dogs'.
Cosmoe and friends run into trouble when Princess Dagger, a half-evil, half-awesome princess manages to kidnap herself onto their ship and suddenly her evil mother is gunning for the Neon Wiener...
About the Author
More books by Max Brallier
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
7th May 2015
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11