The Order of the Furnace - Rebellion
Written by Alex Keller
Part of the The Order of the Furnace Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A Reader Review Panel Pick of the Year 2015 - chosen by Sam Harper, aged 11 An exciting, rip-roaring, action packed book set in a time and place where fantastical machines exist alongside humans. The squires (made up of boys and girls) in the Order of the Furnace are young but they are treated equally, are valued, trusted and more than capable of fighting alongside the adults. The short, snappy chapters are full of intense danger and activity. The amazing war engines, apparatus and animalistic soul-machines add a zip of steampunk to proceedings. The story rockets along, with buckets of bravery needed by the squires in order to survive the skirmishes set in their way. A fabulous start to a thrilling new series that should appeal to boys and girls (and some adventurous adults too) - long live The Order of the Furnace! ~ Liz Robinson
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Abraham Fisher, age 12 - 'a riveting, intriguing book with a unique twist.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 10 - 'This book was great, filled with excitement from start to finish. I can't wait for book number two. If you like Fantasy stories with knights and dragons and adventure, you will love this.'
- Robert Heathcote, age 12 - 'Really enjoyed this adventure story it was full of action, plenty of sword fighting battles but not too gory. It was written with short chapters which helped me to set small reading goals as I am dyslexic.'
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 13 - This book is brilliant and contains lots of twists. The characters are truly unique...five out of five stars.'
- Joseph Kinder, age 11 - 'The book has an excellent combination of machinery and the medieval world, and keeps you gripped from cover to cover.'
- Holly Wilkins, age 11 - 'Mysterious, intriguing and full of 'diabolical' machinery...I cannot wait for the next book in the series. I would definitely recommend this book.'
- Traviss Chaytors, age 11 - 'This book is amazing! The Order of the Furnace is a brilliant book jam packed full of amazingness...I cannot wait for part two… please hurry up Alex Keller!'
- Alice East, age 10 - 'Order of the furnace is an interesting tale about knights. Lana is training to be a knight for the order of the furnace. A rebellion is rising and Lana is doing all she can to stay alive.'
- Eleanor Cookdale, age 10 - 'This is a fast paced book! It is story full of unexpected twists and turns, with exciting characters and fantastic machines. Super book and I loved it!'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A really different, action-packed and enthralling read full of weird mechanical creations. Amazing!'
- Alex Hall, age 9 - 'This book really got me drawn into it because it was full of mystery and adventure! I liked the detail of the story and the characters, I could really imagine what the characters were like.'
- Isaac Phelan, age 11 - 'The Medieval world and the art of mechanics come together to form this superb book. Fans of war and fantasy will adore this brilliant read.'
The Order of the Furnace - Rebellion by Alex Keller
Meet Lena Faran, squire and soon to be a true knight of the Order of the Furnace. The Order has been feared and respected throughout the empire of Etlsvine and beyond, and to become an Order knight has been Lena’s dream as long as she can
remember. Yet, due to the lies and cruelty of a mad king, Lena instead finds herself an outcast, fearing for her life and the lives of her family as she is hunted by the very same people she swore to protect.
‘’The reader is gripped throughout... intrigue and suspicion pour from the pages.” Natalie Crawford (Teacher and reviewer for The Solitary Bee blog)
About the Author
More books by Alex Keller
1st May 2015
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman