The Royal Wedding Crashers
Written by Clementine Beauvais
Illustrated by Becka Moor
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
There’s a Parisian setting and decided air of chic to this singular adventure story. Anna and Holly Burnbright and their friend Prince Pepino urgently need a holiday job so when the elegant Mademoiselle Malypense asks them to help with arrangements for the wedding of Princess Violette of Francia they jump at the chance and travel to Parii at once. Skirting the revolting locals protesting in the streets, they undertake errands which take them through the sewers, into the Catacombs, and up the bell tower of Notre Dame. It’s very entertaining, and there’s lots of clever wordplay. Becka Moor rises happily to the challenge of illustrating the bizarrest of scenes – policemen on rhinoceros, an apologetic tarantula. The fairytale ending sees Mademoiselle Malypense herself marrying the princess. ~ Andrea Reece
Find out Clementine Beauvais's top 10 French children's books that have been translated into English - click here!
Some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were lucky enough to read and review the first in this series, The Royal Babysitters.
- Sabina Beinart-Smith, age 6 - 'This book is full of imagination. Holly and Anna meet six baby princes all called Bertie, robotic giant squid, robotic mermaids, the King’s mean mum, and nasty humming birds.' Read full review >
- Daniel Harrison, age 8 - 'I really liked this book. Pepino was my favourite character. He was funny because he acted all spoilt and to him every time was a time for ice-cream.' Read full review >
- Lauren Randall, age 6 - 'This is a very good book, which is very funny. I highly recommend it and can’t wait to read the next one.' Read full review >
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'I love this book because it is hilarious and has a very weird plot. The characters in this book are totally bonkers!' Read full review >
- Erica, age 7 and Lulia, age 6 - 'The end was very surprising and the illustrations very good.' Read full review >
- Sathana, age 9 - 'This book was funny. I laughed my head off...I loved this book sooo much.' Read full review >
The Royal Wedding Crashers by Clementine Beauvais
Anna and Holly Burnbright, together with their friend Prince Pepino, are trying to earn enough money to go on the intergalactic holiday of a lifetime. What they need is a holiday job. So when a tall, elegantly dressed lady called Mademoiselle Malypense tells them she needs help to organise the Francian Royal Wedding, they jump at the chance. She's promised to pay handsomely! The children are whisked away to begin the preparations, but it's not long before Holly smells a rat. Why does Mademoiselle Malypense insist they complete their tasks in secret? And isn't there something odd about a garlic-flavoured wedding cake? Could there be more to this royal couple's wedding day than meets the eye?
The first in this series, The Royal Babysitters, was shortlisted for the Sainsbury's Children's Book Award. This second adventure is packed with jokes, adventures and illustrations with more exuberance than Judy Moody and Darcy Burdock put together.
Download a fun colouring sheet here!
About the Author
More books by Clementine Beauvais
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
7th May 2015
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East