The Forbidden City
Written by John McNally
Part of the Infinity Drake Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
July 2015 Book of the Month OK, pay attention – you’ll need to concentrate because the action in the Infinity Drake series moves at the speed of light: Infinity Drake, aka Finn, gaming fan, just about to turn thirteen, and only 9.8cm high (he was shrunk to join a tiny military kill team out to destroy a wasp/bioweapon and is now stuck at this size) is about to take on a new mission. Arch villain Kaparis has another plan for world domination, only Finn and his band of bullet-sized heroes can stop him. What follows is 400 pages of action-adventure, gadgets, technology, jokes – and surprisingly informative foot-notes. An absolute treat for gadget-mad techies, this is sharp stuff. Even James Bond would tip his hat to Finn, small as he is! ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and a small number of children were lucky enough to be invited to review the first title in the Infinity Drake Series, The Sons of Scarlatti. You can read their comments below of click here for the full reviews.
- Jodi Coffman, age 12 - 'An exciting, different and page-turning story. If you like adventures with a difference you will absolutely love this!'
- Tilly Dickinson, age 9 - 'Finn accidentally gets caught up in a mission to track down the Scarletti, a wasp which is also a bio weapon. Four people, 9mm tall and only four days to save mankind.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 10 - 'This brilliant book is an amazing story about a boy named Finn and his awesome adventure...start reading this fantastic book and I’ll promise you’ll enjoy it.'
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This was a fantastic book because it was jam packed with lots of action and adventure. As well as being an exciting read it also made me laugh out loud.'
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'A giant uber-wasp gets attacked by a military team and Finn aged 12 is caught up in the cross-fire!'
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Infinity Drake is an ordinary boy who has an extraordinary adventure. There are mutant, flesh eating wasps, villains and lots of weapons which is a lot to face when you're only 9mm tall.'
- Katie Johnson, age 10 - 'Definitely a book for boys! Full of action and military detail.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 9 - 'A confusing book that was hard to understand what was happening.'
- Robert White, age 10 - 'This book is full of action and whacky science fiction style ideas. However, I found the story really difficult to follow and didn’t really enjoy reading it.'
The Forbidden City by John McNally
Infinity Drake – Finn for short – is still… well… short. Only 9mm tall, in fact. But before Uncle Al can figure out how to return him to his normal size, another threat materialises that sends the gang to the other side of the world. Humour and high-stakes combine in the action-packed sequel to Infinity Drake: the Sons of Scarlatti.
After stealing Al’s shrinking device, evil villain, Kaparis, has devised a crazy, ruthless plan: to create an army of self-replicating nano-bots – a hardware virus that will spread from the massive computer factories south of Shanghai, giving him total control of global technology and communications.
Once again Finn is thrown into the action and finds himself on an impossible mission and
a race against time: to save himself and the stop the bot infection… before it conquers
mankind, one screen at a time…
Praise for Infinity Drake: The Sons of Scarlatti:
'Funny, thrilling, brain-punchingly good.' Derek Landy
'Anyone who loves science and adventure would love this book, it has a great mix of complication and humor.' Tilly, Lovereading4Kids
'This was a fantastic book because it was jam packed with lots of action and adventure. As well as being an exciting read it also made me laugh out loud.' Alice, Lovereading4Kids
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by John McNally
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
4th June 2015
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham