My Brother is a Superhero
Written by David Solomons
Part of the My Brother is a Superhero Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Children’s Book of the Year, The British Book Industry Awards 2016 - Overall winner of Waterstones Children's Book Prize 2016 - Shortlisted for The Branford Boase Award 2016.
July 2015 Debut of the Month Oh the anguish! Luke is a comic-reading super-hero expert, but he’s gone for a wee at the crucial moment when an alien arrives in his tree-house and it’s his never-read-a-comic-in-his-life brother Zach who gets superpowers and instructions to save the universe – life couldn’t get any unfairer. But even super-heroes need back up, and when Zach is kidnapped, it falls to Luke to save his brother and the world. This is an excellent adventure story with real heart, that’s also properly funny, with humour that comes from the characters as well as the situation. A sequel is promised and can’t come soon enough. ~ Andrea Reece
Kirsty Stansfield, Fiction Editor at Nosy Crow says says: "The idea behind this book is genius. It’s funny and clever, and the way Luke steps up to help his older brother despite the MASSIVE UNFAIRNESS of it all is a joy to read. My Brother is a Superhero is a great book destined for greatness.”
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Nicholas Butler, age 9 - 'My Brother Is a Superhero is a really exciting book, really funny and packed with outstanding vocabulary.'
- Joseph Harris-Hart, age 13 -'A book definitely for children who like superheroes with a bit of witty banter throughout the story.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A brilliantly funny adventure with twists, turns, crazy characters and a really hilarious ending. Fantastic!'
- Joshua Zinkin, age 10 - 'This book truly deserves a 10/10 and I would really like it if there was another one in the series.'
- Isaac, age 11 - 'This book was one of the best I've read in Lovereading. It had everything an imaginative child would want.'
- Alex Crisp, age 9 - 'As I really love superheroes, this book especially appealed to me, but I think other people would enjoy it even if they don't know much about superheroes.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'It was hard to put down as there was so much suspense and excitement that I couldn't wait to find out what happened next.'
- Calum, age 11 - 'I rate this book a 5/5 because it hooks you in and then keeps you in another world. I was so addicted to it that my mum had to make me put it down.'
- Ross Dawson, age 11 - 'This is a marvellous comic lovers' adventure story. If you enjoy a good cliffhanger, then this is the book for you!'
- Rohan Delamere, age 9 - 'An epic book about a boy called Luke who has to save his brother - who happens to be a superhero!'
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 11 - 'I think this is an amazing book and would recommend it to anyone.'
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'I recommend this book to 10+ superhero fans who love adventure books. I give this book a green, I mean red, I mean great 101/100!'
- Danny Belton, age 9 - 'I loved this book and I also loved the way that the author carried on with the story line.'
Win a HARDBACK copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid Double Down!
The Wimpy Kid is back! To celebrate the publication of the 11th book in this bestselling series from Jeff Kinney we are giving away FIVE HARDBACK copies of Double Down!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
My Brother is a Superhero by David Solomons
Luke is a comic-mad eleven-year old who shares a treehouse with his geeky older brother, Zack. Luke's only mistake is to go for a wee right at the wrong time. While he's gone, an alien gives his undeserving, never-read-a-comic-in-his-life brother superpowers and then tells him to save the universe. Luke is massively annoyed about this, but when Zack is kidnapped by his arch-nemesis, Luke and his friends have only five days to find him and save the world...
“You’ll laugh until you fall out of your tree house!” Steve Coogan
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by David Solomons
Nosy Crow Ltd
2nd July 2015
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12