Written by Will Hill
Part of the Department 19 Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.19
£8.99 saving £1.80 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Book 3 from the talent behind the bestselling hardback YA debut of 2011. Dracula is on the verge of coming into his full power. Department 19 is on the back foot. Department 19 faces a new and potentially deadly threat, born out of one of the darkest moments of its own long and bloody history. Zero Hour is coming. And the Battle Lines have been drawn. Ladies and gentlemen: welcome to war. The stakes? Mankind's very survival... With terrific action and suspense and plenty of gore too this series is brilliant but not for the faint-hearted!
- Safiyah Afghan - 'Full of thrills, danger, action and romance Department 19 is an exciting book that will hold most readers captivated.' Read full review >
- Claudia Woolgar - 'If you love adventure, gore, computer games, vampires, love and big guns, this is the book for you!' Read full review >
- Hollie Compton - 'A book that I didn't want to put down. I love the characters within the story and their relationships between each other.' Read full review >
- Emily Setchell, age 13 - 'I really enjoyed this book and am definitely going to read the rest of the books in the series!' Read full review >
- Jack Graham - 'This book is an excellent read. I would read the next books or any others by Will Hill and recommend this to anyone 11+ because it has so many good techniques and a great storyline.' Read full review >
- Emer O'Brien, age 13 - 'It is really, really gory, and readers who don't enjoy detailed descriptions of dismembered body parts shouldn't go within a hundred yards of this book.' Read full review >
- Carla McGuigan, age 13 - 'You’ve heard of the novels: Dracula and the novel: Frankenstein. Well in this novel both are brought to life, together.'
Read full review >
Battle Lines by Will Hill
Dracula is on the verge of coming into his full power. Department 19 is on the back foot. Ladies and gentlemen: welcome to war. The stakes? Mankind's very survival...
As the clock ticks remorselessly towards Zero Hour and the return of Dracula, the devastated remnants of Department 19 try to hold back the rising darkness. Jamie Carpenter is training new recruits, trying to prepare them for a fight that appears increasingly futile. Kate Randall is pouring her grief into trying to plug the Department's final leaks, as Matt Browning races against time to find a cure for vampirism. And on the other side of the world, Larissa Kinley has found a place she feels at home, yet where she makes a startling discovery. Uneasy truces are struck, new dangers emerge on all sides, and relationships are pushed to breaking point. And in the midst of it all, Department 19 faces a new and potentially deadly threat, born out of one of the darkest moments of its own long and bloody history. Zero Hour is coming. And the Battle Lines have been drawn.
Visit the Department 19 website for more information on the series...
Praise for the Department 19 Series:
High action, original and gripping - The Sun
Bram Stoker can stop turning in his grave: his 21st-century legacy extends beyond Twilight. - The Telegraph
Absolutely outstanding... - The Book Bag
About the Author
More books by Will Hill
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
1st August 2013
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11