Written by Cassie Beasley
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
June 2015 Debut of the Month Micah has grown up with his grandfather Ephraim, and the two have had great fun together. Ephraim has always had time for Micah, talking to him and sharing stories from his own childhood of the mysterious Circus Mirandus where impossible things happen and your dreams come true. When Ephraim gets ill Micah decides to find the Circus and claim the miracle its owner promised. He’s accompanied there by his very practical friend Jenny. What follows is a story of love, friendship and the amazing power of faith. Micah and Jenny do find the circus and experience its wonders for themselves in scenes that will entrance readers. There’s real magic in this story, read it and you’ll see it all around you too. ~ Andrea Reece
A Piece of Passion from Barry Cunningham, Publisher, Chicken House Micah’s grandfather is really ill – but he tells a secret about a mysterious magical circus that could change everything. So somewhere between a tree house and the stars, Micah looks for a miracle from a man who can bend light. This is a truly fantastic story about everything that matters! Cassie Beasley is an outstanding new talent – with the coolest voice I’ve ever heard!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Poppy Milburn, age 10 - 'Circus Mirandus is an amazing book which I really recommend. It totally hooks you in by the very first page.'
- Dormston School Pupil, age 11 - 'I would recommend this book to a person who focuses on what they are reading as it can get complex in places however it is written well. Rating: 4.5 Stars'
- Sue Wilsher - 'I was absorbed by this magical story! This is a book that explores emotions, relationships and beliefs and how these shape us as individuals. Often humorous and warm, the plot is pacey and full of strong characters.'
- Cait Galbraith, age 9 - 'Circus Mirandus is great read, it's full of many different emotions.'
- Georgia Bialkowski, age 10 - 'This was one of the most original and best written books I've ever read. The style was so different and the characters were so alive! I loved it!'
- Matilda Oliver, age 10 - 'Once it gets going this book is gripping. I’d rate it 4 Star or 8/10.'
- Andrew Sutherland, age 10 - 'The Cicus Mirandus is brilliant book including mystery and magic telling you that when everything seems lost there is hope.'
- Hannah, age 9 - 'I loved every part of it and now can't get the story out of my head. Maybe Micah was right. If you believe... A perfect summer read for boys and girls 8-12. 5*.'
- Freya Tilsley, age 12 - 'A magical tale with a twist. It tells a story where the truth can be deceptive and quests not all that they seem.'
- Ed, age 10 - 'This is a magical story, full of weird and wonderful characters. Ultimately it is a story of family and friendship.'
- Sofie van Til, age 10 - 'Enchanting and magical is what this book is. Absolutely word perfect!'
- Ella Jones, age 10 - 'I think this book is one of the best books I have ever read! I would definitely recommend this book to 8-12year olds. It's a 4 out of 5 stars from me.'
Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley
The circus is coming to town ... Circus Mirandus is a timeless story brimming with magical possibilities. With TV and film rights already sold for a high six figure sum, this heartfelt adventure is set to be a huge transatlantic publication this summer.
Micah's beloved grandfather is gravely sick, but all is not lost. Years ago, his grandfather visited a mysterious circus where he was promised a miracle by a man who could bend light. But who is this stranger, will he keep his promise, and does the magical Circus Mirandus really exist?
About the Author
More books by Cassie Beasley
Chicken House Ltd
4th June 2015
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7