Wild Boy and the Black Terror
Written by Rob Lloyd Jones
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This is the second in a series of pacy mystery-adventure stories for 9+ readers, set in the seamy, smoggy underworld of Victorian London. Dripping with atmosphere and gothic gore, Wild Boy and the Black Terror will appeal to fans of Sherlock Holmes, gothic horror and all things murderous and mysterious. His debut Wild Boy was published to great acclaim, was widely reviewed and was longlisted for the prestigious CILIP Carnegie Medal.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series, Wild Boy. You can read their reviews below or click here to read the full reviews.
- Abbie Roberts, age 10 - 'Wild Boy is a wonderful book filled with adventure and mystery and with really great characters. I highly recommend that you read it!'
- Violet Mackintosh - 'I strongly recommend this book as a thrilling adventure mystery. Be careful once you have picked this book up - you will not be able to put it down before you finish!'
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'If you like exciting adventures and mysteries I am sure that you will love the story of Wild Boy!'
- Khushi Gupta - 'I would give this book 9/10 because of its fantastic description, mystery and red herrings.'
- Ciaran Doyle, age 12 - 'Wild Boy is a brilliant book about a horrendous freak, covered in head to toe in hair, with large, scary, green eyes.'
Wild Boy and the Black Terror by Rob Lloyd Jones
A new sensation grips London - a poisoner who strikes without a trace, leaving victims mad with terror ...and then dead. Is there a cure for the black terror? To find out, Wild Boy and Clarissa must catch the killer. Their hunt will lead them from the city's vilest slums to its grandest palaces, and to a darkness at the heart of its very highest society.
The story takes off like a rocket. The Times, Book of the Week
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
Rob Lloyd Jones
More books by Rob Lloyd Jones
Walker Books Ltd
4th June 2015
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15