Wild Boy and the Black Terror
Written by Rob Lloyd Jones
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This is the second in a series of pacy mystery-adventure stories for 9+ readers, set in the seamy, smoggy underworld of Victorian London. Dripping with atmosphere and gothic gore, Wild Boy and the Black Terror will appeal to fans of Sherlock Holmes, gothic horror and all things murderous and mysterious. His debut Wild Boy was published to great acclaim, was widely reviewed and was longlisted for the prestigious CILIP Carnegie Medal.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series, Wild Boy. You can read their reviews below or click here to read the full reviews.
- Abbie Roberts, age 10 - 'Wild Boy is a wonderful book filled with adventure and mystery and with really great characters. I highly recommend that you read it!'
- Violet Mackintosh - 'I strongly recommend this book as a thrilling adventure mystery. Be careful once you have picked this book up - you will not be able to put it down before you finish!'
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'If you like exciting adventures and mysteries I am sure that you will love the story of Wild Boy!'
- Khushi Gupta - 'I would give this book 9/10 because of its fantastic description, mystery and red herrings.'
- Ciaran Doyle, age 12 - 'Wild Boy is a brilliant book about a horrendous freak, covered in head to toe in hair, with large, scary, green eyes.'
Wild Boy and the Black Terror by Rob Lloyd Jones
A new sensation grips London - a poisoner who strikes without a trace, leaving victims mad with terror ...and then dead. Is there a cure for the black terror? To find out, Wild Boy and Clarissa must catch the killer. Their hunt will lead them from the city's vilest slums to its grandest palaces, and to a darkness at the heart of its very highest society.
The story takes off like a rocket. The Times, Book of the Week
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
Rob Lloyd Jones
More books by Rob Lloyd Jones
Walker Books Ltd
4th June 2015
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14